1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to play ROMS on Modded Xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Chade, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Chade

Chade Member

Hi, I have saved a few Snes Roms onto my Xbox Hardrive and can find them on Xbox file explorer. But I can't seem to load them up on the emulators pre loaded onto my Xbox.

Can someone tell me how I can get these Roms running?

2. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

ftp the roms to the rom folder for snes emulator

3. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

I would go through the trouble to get a copy of xSNES9x. Unless thats the preloaded Snes emulator you got. Some of the other emulators can't do a save state. And that can get real annoying real quick. Save state will let you save at any time you want.
    Whether you install xSNES9x or not, fedaykin is quite right. You should ftp the files into the appropriate roms folder.

4. Chade

Chade Member

Yeah I think it is that Emulator. Could you give me a basic walkthrough on how to transfer them to the said folder? I am a complete noob when it comes to modded consoles especially putting Roms on them.

Any help will be much apreciated, thanks for the help :)

5. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

I'm praying that you already know how to ftp files to your Xbox. If not then do a search and figure it out. Anyway ftp the roms to /E/Apps/Emulators/xSnes9x/Roms/
    make sure that the rom file type is .smc
    thats about it, If they are .smc files and in the above directory then your ready to play.