1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to plug up gcn to computer for internet?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by chson4401, Mar 27, 2005.

1. chson4401

chson4401 Member

Well I wanted to play PSOplus online, I have Direcway Satalite, so I cant get a modem.. I heard about an adapter for the gc that will let you plug it up to your computer to have highspeed internet. If you could please tell me everything I need and how to do it that'd be so cool.

Thanks,

2. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

You mean to get internet through gamecube...?
    Or to able play PSO with satellite connection?
    You must have somekind of modem for satellite connection...and in that modem is surely USB or LAN port that can be plugged to computer.
    And that adapter for the GC is broadband-adapter that you need. just put LAN crossover cable between GC and modem.

3. Squished

Squished Member

I really don't think you will be able to play over your sat connection, here is why:

First, satellite has really bad pings. High pings are really bad for online games like this.

Second, PSO+ may have some limitations on what IP addresses it will use. I really wish I could remember, but they put in limitations to prevent hackers from using the PSOLOAD and PSUL hacks, but all it ended up doing was making it more difficult to hook a gamecube up to a router (in your case, the Directway router.)

If anyone has the exact details, I'd like to know.

If your still bent on trying it, you will need the gamecube broad band adapter (BBA.) It is available at Toys R Us, at least it was when I got one. You will then run an ethernet cable from the BBA to your directway router. (There are several directway setups, hopefully you have the one with the external modem and router.)

4. chson4401

chson4401 Member

Thanks everybody for your help, I think I'm going to try it..

Thanks!!!