1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to print DVD covers?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gvrz9, Mar 9, 2005.

1. gvrz9

gvrz9 Member

I'm sorry for that stupid question but when I'm trying print any DVD cover, I can't fit the image on one page. I tried to change the printer properties but it still have 0.166" right and left border. How can you fit the whole DVD cover into one page???
    Thanks

2. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

There are dvd printing programs where you can size your picture to an exact size of a dvd case just google for a dvd cover sizing program.

3. gvrz9

gvrz9 Member

Hi,
    I'm using the "EZ Label Xpress" and do not have any problems with actual making the cover. How can I print the whole DVD cover in one page. The printer is always cutting some inches.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

5. gvrz9

gvrz9 Member

I could not find how I can set the print area to max. Is it in printer properties? Then? ...

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I'll have to check my Epson at home tonight. I think it was under the paper selections or quality settings. Not all printers will have that option. That printer program I linked to (UndercoverXP) should center it pretty good but you may have to do some adjusting.

Jerry

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

get covers here = www.cdcovers.cc

get the app from same site called cdcoversXP i think? its there anyhoos!

very easy simple app load picture and click print! done! oh there is a setting i think for slim dvd and normal dvd size cases etc..

8. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Make sure that you are printing it in landscape not portrait but then again thats obvious

9. cmax420

cmax420 Regular member

Hello, I used to have the same problem. Now I use Microsoft word to print dvd covers also I use Legal size paper (8 1/2" x 14")

Open Word and insert image, then click on you image and select the size tab, uncheck the "lock aspect ratio" and the "Relative to origional picture size" boxes. Then set the size to 7.25" x 10.80"

Make sure you select the legal paper size on word and also on the printer properties before you print. This method works great of me Good Luck!!!!

10. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

I knocked up a 250dpi template in adobe photoshop... most covers i seem to DL dont seem wide enough so i have to stretch em a couple of mms to get them to fit exactly into a plastic dvd case

you wanna get labels from : http://daprogger.mine.nu/ as they are much higher quality (most of the covers in CC are low res and made by people who cant use a scanner properly, let alone know how to create a JPEG properly :D)

11. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

Hi, if you have MS Word installed you can use this program which is really EASY to use.

CD/DVD Jewel Case & Label Creator for Word v3.8

You can find it here...

http://www.amfsoftware.com

12. gvrz9

gvrz9 Member

Hi, thanks all
    I tried Microsoft Word. It works fine (even with Letter size paper) but it is a little bit time consuming and the worst part that you can't edit picture. Any ideas from users of "EZ Label Xpress"? That's really nice and easy to use program, and it's free (sorry, I could not find the address)
    Thanks anyway

13. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

Hey...

I always modify my photos with Paint Shop Pro first.

And I have always printed ALL of my DVD covers on letter paper and had no problem whatsoever. Word will tell you that print margins are outside the range, ignore it and will print fine anyway. My 2 cents anyway...

14. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

yeah - i always sharpen, colour correct and contrast my covers as most people cant scan to save their life ;)

i also clone out any imperfections on covers i want to use regularly... eg aliens vs predator which has been round all my mates by now :)

although for a newby this could be time consuming but i work with photoshop every day for a living so im damn quick at it now :

15. sjpelham

sjpelham Guest

Hi, I have an Epson Stylus Photo R300 printer that prints directly on DVDs. The software program that does the printing (Epson Print CD) works great; however, it does not print to the inner edge of the DVD. It leaves a 1/4 inch blank space around the inner rim of the DVD. Since the discs are white to begin with, this is very noticable. Any suggestions on how to fix or are there any other programs I might use to resolve? Thanks! sjp

16. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

On inner and outer settings, set the inner to 20, smallest size.

17. sjpelham

sjpelham Guest

Thanks Mort81,

Just goes to show, if you don't look, you won't find!

18. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Your welcome. Thats what we're here for.