1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to put 2 different movies on nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by topgunn, Dec 18, 2003.

1. topgunn

topgunn Member

I just got my burner a few days ago and so far it has been one great challenge. Finally i thought everything was figured out and i realized the DVD authoring programs i wanted to use wouldnt support .VOB's (sonic myDVD)(tmpenc dvdauthor)so i decided if worse comes to worse i would use nero6 burning rom. When i compressed my videos with dvd shrink3.0,it made one of my movies split into 3 different VOB's (all the same movie just split into thirds) so is there a way to make those 3 play in order and then have another movie and play that seperately? i tried to make all 3 VOBs into one large one but it wouldnt work on nero saying it had to be less than 2 gb and i think its like 2.3gb. So any ideas? if anyone knows how to make the movies with a DVD author so i can have menus please tell me, i've searched pretty far back in the forums and read the articles but still cant find my answer. Thanks

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

Now what exactly are you trying to do?
    You want to put two movies on a single dvd.

Now was this a video of yours or a movie. what format was the movie before dvd shrink did it's thing and how big was it. DVD format is vob's that are limited in size of 1gb. Therefore a movie that is 4 gb is actually 4 vob's of 4 gb before shrink does anything.

Did you compress the movie to 2.3 gb and why? or was it originally 2.3 gb in which case shrink did nothing except take out the css(?).

If you have movies, you usually don't need to reauthor them. You can keep the menus of the original discs.

Again what you will need will depend upon what you are trying to do so if you could be a little more specific in the details of what you are trying to do, we can be of a little more help.

3. topgunn

topgunn Member

nevermind im a moron and figured it out. (anyone who knows what im talking about or has the same problem just use tmpenc dvd author and when u import ur movie just click all files instead of mpeg, m2v, etc etc)

P.S. thanks for replying, i'll be more descriptive next time i have a problem