1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to put multiple svcd movies on 1 dvd-r

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by banditt9, Aug 12, 2004.

1. banditt9

banditt9 Guest

Does anyone know how to put multiple svcd movies on 1 dvd-r and use menu's to choose what movie to watch?

Thanks

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Sure ,it is Simple , I backed up my 400 Movie SVCD Collection to DVD this way.....

If your SVCD"s are on Multiple Disks then Rip the Mpeg2/SVCD Files to your Hard drive and then Use a Mpeg editor like "Mpeg2VCR" to Join all the Parts of each movie into single Big mpeg2 movie Files...

Then you have to seperate the Mpeg2 files into seperate audio and Video files which you can do with either Mpeg2VCR or Tmpgenc"s De-Multiplexing Tool...

Now you have to resample the audio file to 48000HZ which you can also do with Tmpgenc..

Now you Load the Video and resampled Audio files into a DVD authoring Program called "DVDLab" and add your Chapters and Menu"s and then author the DVD....

You can download a 30 day Demo of DVDLab on the Net and it is the Only DVD authoring program that will allow you to author SVCD files to DVD without re-encodeing the Video....

Cheers

3. banditt9

banditt9 Guest

This will probably sound dumb but how do you merge the mpg2 files into 1 file using mpeg2vcr?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well the Way I do it is I load in the Last part of the Movie and moove the Slider to the Very beginning of the file and click the "Insert Marker" Button..
    Then Drag the first part (Or second Part if it is in more than 2 Parts) to the Insert marker position and if you Drop it in the Right Place you will see the Whole Movie in the Window...
    Then you just moove the Slider to the Very beginning and click "Mark In" button and then Moove the Slider to the End and click the "Mark out" button and then click the "Save file" and give the File a Name and then Click "save" and it will make a New File for you...
    I would suggest useing the Merge & Cut feature in Tmpgenc but it has a Tendancy of makeing the Second Part of the Movie go out of Sync....

Cheers

5. banditt9

banditt9 Guest

Thanks. Seems to be working. Right now I'm resampling to 48k with tmpgenc.

6. banditt9

banditt9 Guest

I have the movie all together but when i test the dvd files instead of going to my menu it starts the first movie. How is that?

Thanks

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

You should Just have the 3 Movies and 1 menu with a Link going to each movie from the Main Menu...
    I guess you will have to try again?

8. leharv

leharv Guest

I am total newbie to this & i am confused on how to use the DVDlab program to auth the files and create the menu any help would be much appreciated tutorials or otherwise for assisting me.

9. Minion

Minion Senior member

I don"t know how much easier it could be....
    You drag your Video files from the "Audio and Video" window to the "Movie 1" window at the Top....

Then you Drag a Backround from the "Backround" window to the "Menu 1" window....
    Then you Click the "Add Text" icon and then click on the Menu and then type in something like the Movies name or something like "Play Movie"....
    Then Right click the Words and go to "Link" to "Movie 1" to "Movie Start".....

Then go to "Project" to "Compile DVD" and then Put a check in the Box next to "Automaticly Start Recording" and Put a DVD in your Drive and click "Start" and wait till it has finnished....

This will Make a totally simple Basic DVD....

10. leharv

leharv Guest

Thx alot i was trying something like this draging the files into the top i.e audio(resampled @ 48) and video file How do i put in seperate links on a menu to show 3 seperate movies though as i have put them into 1 big file? Also for some reason the audio file is larger than the video :( . anyhow thx alot again for your help

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2004