1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to put three ISO files onto DVD

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by ksimmonds, Aug 19, 2010.

1. ksimmonds

ksimmonds Member

I have 3 HD ISO files (my own home movies) that I need to put onto DVD, specifically to play on a TV DVD player. I've tried several things, but still no joy. I could use help. Any ideas.

2. RastaDave

RastaDave Regular member

Since your trying to use the disc in a dvd player this wont work . The iso's have to be converted to dvd format in order to be used on the dvd player . Find a program like Nero or similar to do this .

3. ksimmonds

ksimmonds Member

Will Nero do it ? I have an ISO that I made last year that is made up of three ISOs, and all I do is burn it to DVD using CD Burner XP, and it plays automatically in an ordinary DVD player. I can't remember how I did it - but I did have Nero at the time, so it might have been Nero I used.

4. RastaDave

RastaDave Regular member

As long as the three iso's fit on the dvd it will work using Nero .

5. ksimmonds

ksimmonds Member

Hi again. Will Nero join all three iso files together to make one single iso file ? So from then on I can use CDBurnerXP to burn to disc from the one single file.

6. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

If you don't have Nero, DVD Shrink will do the job. To burn th resulting ISO, just use Imgburn.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  7. ksimmonds

ksimmonds Member

Brilliant ! I've got DVD shrink - so I'm almost there. This is what I did:

Go to FILE and Open Disc Image.
    Select the first ISO.
    Then click on "re-author" and drag my first title to the window on the left.
    Then click on FILE and Open Disc Image again and select the second ISO.
    Click on re-author again and drag my second title to the window on the left.
    Now you see title 1 and 2 in that window.

When I'd done all three iso files, I clicked back up (to desktop) but I finish up with an Audio TS folder (empty) and a Video TS folder ............. NOT a single iso. Am I doing something wrong ???

8. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

You can set up DVD Shrink to save the resulting authored DVD as an ISO or as a DVD Video folder. You chose to save to a folder, which is ok.You don't need to "wrap" everything into an ISO.
    Inside that ISO that you are looking for would be the empty Audio TS and the Video TS folder. However, no need to do that.
    Just use Imgburn to burn the Video Ts folder.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  9. ksimmonds

ksimmonds Member

Yes I've been doing that, dragging all three files across ..... but when I save them (back-up)it only saves the last ISO I dragged across (not the first 2).

10. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

In order to re-author the 3 movies, you need to use the "File Mode", not the ISO, you need to have the 3 Video TS folders that are inside each ISO.
    You can use Winrar and extract the Video TS folders from each ISO, or you can install Virtual Clone Drive(is free, from the makers of AnyDVD, and works excellent on many types of image files). Mount the 3 ISO files and then you can use the re-author function of DVD Shrink.