1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW to read your XBOX's EEPROM and GET the HDD KEY WITHOUT removing the chip Or Modding the XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Unicron1, Jun 24, 2006.

1. teroenza

teroenza Member

I made did everything and powered on. The xbox would turn on then off quickly lasting longer each time 3 times. An orange light was on during these times around the power button. After randomly clicking and getting errors, it dumped it after about 3 trys. The serial info is worn off on my box but the key works every time on the HDD so it must be correct. I returned the box back to factory and then installed Ndure+unleashX and am quite happy.
    V1.6 xbox
    Good Power supply
    used LPC holes
    Suscesful

I am forever thankful. Mr. Unicron you are my hero!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  2. 1272allan

1272allan Guest

@ledjohnny
    have you been sucsessful yet because i see someone else has done it

3. ledjohnny

ledjohnny Member

No not successfull but one ? will the xbox still frag if the reader is built wrong.

4. Kronyk420

Kronyk420 Member

If your eeprom reader still isn't working I would suspect the reader, not the Xbox. It only takes a split second for the chip to dump its contents, so a fragging box will definitely work, and yes it will still frag with the reader hooked up.

Take a closer look at your zener diodes. They are polarized and will not work if soldered in the wrong way. The markings are small and may not be easily visible. Match the negative sides of the zeners with the diagram and resolder.

If it's not your zeners, how was your soldering job? Do you have any splashes, shorts or cold solders? Some of the components may be heat sensitive and burn out if the wattage of your soldering iron was too high. (Should be around 15 watts) If you weren't confident about your soldering job, start over on a new PCB with new components if necessary.

Lastly, if everything on your reader seems up to par, recheck your Pony Prog settings. Are you set on the right COM port? Switch the settings to another port, re-calibrate, and try the read again. Do this for each port.

If none of this works, place your Xbox in a blender and mash on high. Serve cold in a salt rimmed glass with a slice of lime.

5. 1272allan

1272allan Guest

post some pics of youre reader so we can see where you are going wrong dont give up it took me 4 mounths

6. daspazz

daspazz Member

4 months? :cool:

Sorry dude. 8-P

It took me a bit less (1 day), but it can be done and with a fragging xbox as stated above. Just keep trying until you get it right.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  7. 1272allan

1272allan Guest

i mean it took me 4 mounths from start of finish of the repair
    as i had to find out what the error code means and then i had to sourse parts for the reader then 3 weeks to build the hard drive with a replacement off ebay so yeah it took me 4 mounths as for actual read If you are at this stage it took me about 4 or five hours :cool:

8. daspazz

daspazz Member

LOL!

Don't feel bad. It took me 1.5 months to fix MY_xbox after I blew it up trying to move the MB to a new case. And the sad thing is a site has complete information about how NOT to do what I did. I was even reading most of the material on that site. D0H!!! That lame site also help me fix my xbox, so I thank them anonymously!

I just didn't want to do Surface mount soldering! YIKES!!

The replacement part was lost twice during install. My 10 year old had to fish the parts out of the carpet for me. So the actual repair took 30 minutes. The getting parts loosing and finding them and getting the Nads to go deep into the box and remove and replace a part the size of a small finger nail clipping took a lot longer than it should have. ;-)

I did learn how to mod xboxii rather fast and then once I broke my newly softmodded xbox I was forced to build the reader and then really started to learn. I have literally only been in the "scene" for about 4 months. Since February. But I been in other "scenes" for decades, literally!

But the best thing to remember is not give up. Don't let the box win! You can rebuild them! Stronger and Faster! Yes Steve Austin, you are the bionic xbox! :cool:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  9. teroenza

teroenza Member

Don't give up. Anything can be fixed, it's just a matter of time.....;-)
    -ter

10. uk1979

uk1979 Member

hi guys
    does anybody have any idea how to FTP to xbox360 from pc?
    i've done all the normal routine set up the ip address on pc and xbox360 both. still cant ping the ip address.it says confirm, at ipaddress side then it says fail when it says connet pc.there is no firewall on my pc either.the xbox it has been softmoded .also tried FlashFXP . i was wondering if i need to check any setting on my xbox360 before i connect to it .there must be something stopping me connect to xbox360.
    any help would appreciated.
    Thanks

11. daspazz

daspazz Member

Dude this thread is about xbox not 360! I don't think you can ftp into a 360.

12. Guppy1

Guppy1 Member

With the xbox eeprom reader and the program xboxhdm, you can do absolutely anything.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  13. Guppy1

Guppy1 Member

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  14. ledjohnny

ledjohnny Member

here is my reader[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  15. wwwyzzerd

wwwyzzerd Member

i have an xbox here with a dead psu, and i need the eeprom off of it, i have a 5v 1A phone charger here to use as an external power source for the eeprom, and im wondering if 1A is too much

16. Guppy1

Guppy1 Member

Wwwyzzerd, make certain that the polarity is correct when hooking it up to the LPC holes or the legs of the chip, which ever method you are most comfortable with. What ever you do, dont try to splice a usb cable, you gonna fry your laptop (unless you are absolutely certain as to what you are doing). Xboxuniversity quit selling the readers, but you can contact him through his IM, it is CrystalBeachBound.

17. wwwyzzerd

wwwyzzerd Member

yeah i got one from him a couple days ago, i have the reader already, and i already killed my laptop once today by doing what you just said not to do, lol, luckily i was able to fix it, but it seems no matter what power source i use i always get the same message, "bus busy or hardware error (11)", what would be a good external power source, that wont kill my laptop and is known to work?

18. teroenza

teroenza Member

I would always try at least 3 times to get the eeprom dump. It took me about that to get mine even though everything was set up perfectly. It just takes timing. Then I did it a few times to make sure I was getting the same numbers.I did not have to apply power but you'll need to fix the power eventually if you want to use that box. If you know a little about electronics and what is wrong with it it shoulden't be to hard.
    -ter

19. wwwyzzerd

wwwyzzerd Member

yeah, but i need the eeprom off this 1.6 box so i can clone its hdd and restore my other 1.6s hdd with xboxhdm, because my xboxhdm disc wont work for some reason, when i try to use xboxhdm to restore the drive, i just get error 21, i have all the files it should need on the xboxhdm disc including the 5960 dash, so i dont understand why its not working, so i figured itd just be easier to get the eeprom off this dead 1.6 and clone its hdd

but your right, i do need to get this box working, oh and btw i found out the xbox that wont power on has a bad transistor, the psu is fine, so thats another question thats sorta off topic, anybody know if there is an alternate transistor that i can use in this 1.6, the transistor type is MMBT3906LT1

20. teroenza

teroenza Member

Maybe you could buy a MMBT3906LT1 online? Google?
    -ter
    Good luck