1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to remove intergrated graphics

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by fgreco, Apr 27, 2005.

1. fgreco

fgreco Member

I want to remove intergrated graphics to put in my video card how do I get to the screen in windows.

2. monarols

monarols Member

You need to open up the computer and fit your card into one of the PCI/AGP slots, then turn on the PC. As its rebooting, keep hitting the DEL or F2 key (This varies between PC's) and this will bring up the PC's BIOS screen.

Go thru all the pages in the BIOS, till you see something like "Video Display" or "Onboard Graphics" and change the setting from the setting it is now, probably something like "enabled" to "disable" or "off".

Save the settings, and exit the BIOS at the prompt.

The PC will reboot again, and if you are using XP, the card will very likely be recognised, and drivers may already be installed with windows. If not, and as the case may be with Win98/Me, place the CD rom that came with the card into the CD tray, and point the O/S to the CD rom when it asks you search for recommended drivers.

When drivers are loaded, a restart is usually nessacary.

When done, adjust the display resolution, via control panel/display.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  3. fgreco

fgreco Member

Thanks but, I go to graphics and these are the options agp\onboard or pci. It says where to get graphics from . I had agp\onboard on but, I used the defaults now that the card is out of the computer. The default is pci I dont know why that would be. I dont see an option "disable" or "endable". Also I press f1 and that takes me to setup so I guess those are the bios since there are a lot of different things you can change in there.

4. pfh

pfh Guest

Todays MoBo's automatically recognize when a graphics adapter has been installed. Just choose AGP then take a look at your other agp settings and adjust accordingly.

Look here for bios optimizing tips: http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=9

Also here is another good site: http://www.tweakguides.com

Proper bios optimizing can make a noticable difference in computer operations.