1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to remove movie from hard drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by copecope, Jan 12, 2005.

1. copecope

copecope Member

I use XCOPY and DVD SHRINK. I know xcopy removes the movie after it burns but what happens when the disc is bad shape and shuts down the program. Does it auto remove? If not how do I find it and remove? Also im new to shrink does it it auto remove if not I need help with it also. Thanks copecope

2. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

If you set up a folder e.g. movies) no matter what program you use to burn its easy to check to see if any movie remnant are there.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi copecope, welcome to aD,

DVD Shrinks keeps files for all the DVD's you have done AND for all the ones you had trouble with -

Here's where you find it all -

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVD Shrink

Application Data is a hidden folder so if you don't see it you will have to show hidden folders.

Tools > Folder Options... > View tab > Advanced settings: Show hidden files and folders

Good luck,

Pete :0)

4. brobear

brobear Guest

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVD Shrink

Another option is just copying the above path into the Address window and click enter. It will open the hidden folder and you can delete any or all of the files manually. (Saves going into the control panel to open hidden folders and then going back and resetting it if you want to put things back to normal.) Just remember, any analysis file you delete for Shrink means the app will have to repeat the process if you enter the same movie for any reason.