1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Remove Region Encoding from a DVD?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by fastness, Nov 11, 2003.

1. fastness

fastness Member

I have successfully backed-up many REGION 1 movies. For the first time I tried to back up a REGION 5 movie. I used DVD Shrink to strip out the Region coding. 2 tries and ZERO successes. Can someone please help. My DVD player does not have a problem playing DVD-Rs, so why if the region code is stripped out why can’t my player recognize the DVD-R? Am I doing something wrong. I am following all the steps in DVD Shrink. I do not want to change my DVD player into a REGION FREE player.

Anyone’s help is greatly appreciated.

2. manifesto

manifesto Guest

i suggest you give "any dvd" a try, this program its really good on region codes. it has worked fine for me with any movie, just like the programs name.

3. fastness

fastness Member

I forget to mention that the dvd is also PAL and I'm using an NTSC dvd player. So I guess, I also need to know how to convert the DVD from PAL to NTSC? Thanks!

4. koola

koola Guest

AnyDVD will sort the Region Encoded DVD problem out as it removes the Region code and other things.

For PAL to NTSC, look here for past threads as there are many concerning this issue.