1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to render from Vegas for MKV. What format video?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Tylerpenn, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Tylerpenn

Tylerpenn Member

I have a whole shows of a concert recorded from a Canon SX1 camera @ 1080p. The files it records are .MOV files that are around 42mbps bitrate. I want to render the full sets (about 90 minutes each) into a video format that's suitable for MKV release.

I want to keep the total file size around 12-14GB and have a bit rate of around 15-16mbps. My question is, what format should I render them in out of Vegas? I was planning on using MP4 but apparently there is a 2GB limit which will not work for my 90 minute project.

I see a lot of mkv containers have the video as VC1 but I don't know how to get to that format out of Vegas and most tutorials online are ripping from Blu Ray which are already in VC1 format.

I appreciate anyone's help and insight!

-Tyler Penn

2. Tylerpenn

Tylerpenn Member

Oh and also, the original MOV files are 30fps. Whenever I try to render to an AVC file (the format I've been experimenting with), the options for BluRay only allow for 29.97fps at 60i? Why no 30fps and progressive options? Isn't 30fps progressive possible in an MKV container?

3. davexnet

davexnet Active member