1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to request a post for a newsgroup?

Discussion in 'Usenet newsgroups - Help, how-tos and discussion' started by wheelstb, Dec 6, 2007.

1. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

Can some one help my figure out where to make a request for a usenet newsgroup post. I am finding a lot of links but they all lead nowhere. I am looking for a pc game image.

thanks

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Fire up your newsreader. Go to the newsgroup you think will be the best one and post a message asking for what you want. Give it a subject line starting with REQ: followed by the name of the image you want. Then wait and see if anyone feels like uploading it. Regulars in a group will be more likely to respond to someone who is a regular uploader themselves.

If you do not know how to do the above, how are you going to download anything?

3. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

I had been told that the best way to do it was to find the group's websiye and do it that way.

Thanks

4. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

That may work ***IF*** the group has a website. Not all of them do, (most don't) and not all the people who use Usenet groups know about, or care about, the websites.

You could try lurking in a newsgroup you are interested in and looking for FAQ posts.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  5. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

Easiest way is to actually subscribe to a specific usenet group such as a.b.m.divx and make a request post in the group itself. The guide over at Slyck.com could tell you how to go about doing so more specifically.

Just gotta subscribe to a few groups and make the request across em all, with luck one of the posters / users might actually fulfill your request and post requested item to the group.