1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to restore my xbox dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by lijohn21, May 29, 2007.

1. lijohn21

lijohn21 Member

Does anyone have the original xbox dashboard that i could download onto a cd cuz i got everything deleted off my c drive and cant find the original dashboard and i cant play anything on my xbox

2. steimy

steimy Active member

oops, big mistake. If you can not load your hacked dash or play a burned CD/DVD then you have no way to get the dash back on the Xbox. If you have a mod chip and can still load a burned DVD then you want to get Slayer 2.7 auto installer and you can replace pretty much anything that was on there. If not then a hotswp may be your only option to completly rebuild the drive in your PC. Most people could make the process very easy on themselves if they would just back up their EEPROM file after they mod their consoles. After years of modding xbox information being on the net it still surprises me how many people do not do this.

3. lijohn21

lijohn21 Member

well it was reading my games for about a week then it stopped for some reason and now it wont but i havent tried a burned cd/dvd so i might be lucky and ya i have a mod chip but i dont know to much about Xboxs but ill ask my friendand see about Slayer 2.7

4. steimy

steimy Active member

you can get Slayer 2.7 at a download site. It is an auto installer disc that can really help you out so i would get it, burn it to a DVD and keep it handy.
    If you have a chip then it should still load because with a chip you coult take out the stock drive, put in a blank drive, then put in the slayer disc. You press reset and it loads. And that is with nothing at all on the drive.
    Then you use slayer to format the drive and install all the programs and dashboards you want. Or in your case skip the format part and just load the hacked dash you want on C:

5. lijohn21

lijohn21 Member

Alright thanks also do know a site maybe to where i could find Slayer 2.7?

6. steimy

steimy Active member

check your private messages.

7. d3v1l534n

d3v1l534n Member

just in case the slayer's disk doesnt work, there is an alternate, u can use a similar tool called ndure. it is a softmod installer which you can use to rebuild your hdd in case you messed it up. just look around for it, its pretty simple.
    in case your hdd is locked and you dont have the hdd unlock key, you will have to mess around untill you get one of those error codes where your hdd remains unlocked (only for a certain period of time mind you) and then disconnect the hdd from xbox, connect it to the pc and run ndure.
    it works perfectly provded you follow the instructions to the comas and periods. i fried my mod chip once because of a bad bios flash and didnt have a hdd unlock key. then i used ndure method to rebuild my hdd.
    good luck with your repairs. n dont loose hope there is always a way.

8. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

9. anabelle

anabelle Member

Could someone please tell me where I can get a copy of slayer also? I bought my xbox from someone who had it modified but I don't know if it was softmodded or hard. Will I do more damage to the console by using slayer if it wasn't a softmod? I get error 21 and the service console screen when I turn it on but that's as far as it will go. I'm completely lost with all this as all I've ever had to do is turn it on and play games. Thanks for any help.

10. watson15

watson15 Guest

11. watson15

watson15 Guest

can u get eeprom from ur friends modded xbox and save to disk and use that eeprom on your xbox if the dashboard dont show up?

12. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

You can, but I'm not sure how to do it. Search afterdawn, I remember reading it somewhere.

13. watson15

watson15 Guest

OK thank u

14. watson15

watson15 Guest

o yeah and srry 4 copying that big paragraph and wasting room that was on accident srry

15. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

not unless you have an eeprom reader/writer, and in that case you could just read your eeprom and put it on your hd

16. watson15

watson15 Guest

Got it that helps alot thanks