1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to run HD cable box to A/V receiver and to HDTV at the same time?

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by aldek, Dec 16, 2007.

1. aldek

aldek Member

ok, to make a long story short, i've connected HD cable box to my new AV receiver and is working great, except my wife is used to the old setup, where the box was connected straight to tv and didn't have to use 2 remotes. she doesn't want to tinker with the receiver.
    for the time being i split (coax) outgoing signal from the box into 2 and plugged in directly to tv, but picture quality is average. cable box doesn't have any more component video out, the only one is used to connect it to the receiver. is the component cable switcher the right option? will i be able to HD quality picture after 'split'?
    please help. thanks.
    rt

2. byngo

byngo Regular member

I must admit, for my needs I kind of feel that loads of video inputs on an AV receiver are not much use to me and since even with HDMI inputs, I have to run a digital cable for the sound, then theres no much point putting video through the amp.
    If I was you, put it back how it was and switch over the amps mode to suit the sound source. (ie analogue stereo or digital surround sources)