1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to run n64 roms on xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by bobduff, Apr 12, 2005.

1. bobduff

bobduff Member

i've read a lot of tutorials and forum discussions about how to run roms using surreal. i first tried putting the roms in the folder suggested by the surreal.ini. i've also tried changing the rom path to d:/ for running off a dvd. what else can i do?

2. jealousjo

jealousjo Guest

i currently have 5 roms that i put on my xbox and they work great. Just get the rom and FTP it into F/games/roms. You then need to restart your xbox to refresh the emulators. This is where i put the surreal roms. when you open up surreal, click on the little arrow on the bottom right of the page to refresh the game list.

3. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

I think he would appreciate a thanks...people these days...

4. Hooner

Hooner Member

I have the surreal program, I was just wondering how you would go about putting it onto a dvd to play it on the Xbox. Seeing as how I can't get my FTP connection to work. There just seems to be no Roms folder in which I can put the roms into manually using my PC.

5. jealousjo

jealousjo Guest

you would transfer the file like any storage cd-r and burn it as a data file, then load the file explorer and copy it from the cd to F/games/roms, or where ever your file explorer says the folder is. do you have a copy of the ini file in surreal? you can always change the location where the system looks for roms.