1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to set burn speed with nero?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by johnnyd54, Jan 8, 2005.

1. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

Anyone know how to set your burn speed in nero or ant burn pograms for that matter. I want to slow down from 8x it burns now to 6x to see if it get rid of some of the stutter in the video quality.

2. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

I looked around and found the answer. Sorry to bother the brains that thought this wasn't worth answering. Peace be with you

3. htigue

htigue Guest

Did you find the answer yet?

4. diaz126

diaz126 Guest

try using NERO DriveSpeed in the Nero ToolKit

5. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

That controls the read not the write but I found the way for both shrink and nero but with one small problem. I use 8x dvds and wanted to set to 4x but the only options i get are 2.4 , 2, and 1. then when I chose 2.4 when it starts to burn it says it uses 2x. This is slower than I want but it does the trick as far as the video jitters. Thanks for the response

6. diaz126

diaz126 Guest

Please explain how you did it.. similar problem and your right , it only controls the read not the write.

7. htigue

htigue Guest

This is how to change the write speed, go to Nero click on Nero Toolkit and select Nero Info Tool, let it scan your drive information and there you can select your drive and write speed information.

8. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

Both options are availible just before you go to burn. In shrink it is where you decide if you want nero to burn it or decrypter or burn to hard drive. You have an option thats set at maximum by default. Just change it to whatever lower speed you have availible. Nero is pretty much the same. After picking your programs location hitting next it also pops up with a maxium default. Set it accordingly. It helps greatly. lol

by the way nero info tells you what you got not what you can change it to

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  9. htigue

htigue Guest

Have you ever tried using other burning software out there that is free. Blindwrite etc.... that might help you out.