1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to set up outlook or thunderbird for a friend.

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by hayden58, Feb 16, 2007.

1. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

i have outlook set up at work, and i would like to set it up on my home computer, and my friend has asked for help with it too. but the part were i always get messed up is the servers part...the POP3 and SMTP or whatever, incoming and outgoing mail. and how do you get the correct info to put in there? is it based on your internet connection or what? i know its a basic question that i should know, but help is appreciated.

2. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

so no one knows how?

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you just have to google for how to set up thunderbird with your specific email providers.

4. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

from my research it looks like i cant set up a hotmail, gmail acount etc with outlook or thunderbird. my wife has an email acount through her work (marykay) that she wants to have through outlook/thunderbird. what do i list an POP3 and outgoing servers? how do i find that?

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

hotmail can be used thru outlook. 1 of the options when setting up outlook is do you have an existing email account. say yes & supply who it is. i've seen that a few times with my customers.

6. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

gmail can be used with thunderbird i know for sure because i use it =P, it just uses different settings then the other just google gmail + thunderbird setup or something

7. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

what do you have set for your incoming and outgoing (pop3 and stmp) servers? like mail.gmail.com or somthing.....thanks.

8. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member