1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO SET UP SKYBOX f3

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by e45, Dec 13, 2012.

1. damasius

damasius Member

I have one of this boxes that would not connect to the server no mater what I do. It connected once and then went off. I have done everything and thinking of flashing it with a null modem cable but can not find the firmware an instructions for that.
    Help needed please.

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Link to firmware here complete with chan and favs embeded

http://www.bradforddealer.com/download/files/F3 Firmware 12.03.2013 .rar

To load firmware on the F3/F5 you just place the image on a USB stick plug this into the box and select the USB menu and Upload select which file you want by pressing left or right in you case choose the image file tab and then press ok to flash

Enter ccam menu - Menu Network Local Settings and Press 6666

Recover the box from a bad flash
    http://www.bradforddealer.com/download/files/F3REBOOTISSUE_Backup.rarJust unzip the file, Open the folder, then open EromUpgrade.exe.

Make sure box is switched off, then select your port, select your firmware image and tick the checkbox for include bootloader.

Press next, then switch on your box and follow the on screen procedures

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  3. damasius

damasius Member

Thanks Mickah
    The box flashes OK but same problem. Not connecting to server. I was trying to flash using the EromUgrade just incase but link is broken or something. Can you resend the link again please? I notice the yellow light on the network port is not flashing always.
    Not sure if this means anything. I have setup quite a few of these but this ine is really heady.
    Thanks in advance.

4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

5. damasius

damasius Member

Thanks. I did get there and started the flashing. It keeps saying please reset target.
    Step 2 download and nothing happens. Box switched off on and no lights on box

6. damasius

damasius Member

Not sure what I did but it has connected to server. Will monitor and see what happens the next few days. Thanks Mickah for the assistance.

7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

no worries,

8. chauaa

chauaa Member

Hi Mickah, I am new to these boxes and planning to buy two F5 boxes to be used in different rooms on a switch distribution. Please guide if F5 can be programmed the same way?

9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

bumped for users,

10. mouji007

mouji007 Member

hi guys i have openbox 511.it was working perfect but yesterday appears on the tv screen scam scam box and after while box switched off automatically.after that i tried hard but my box dosnt work.please can any body help me thanks

11. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

if new, send it back

12. rangerman

rangerman Member

hi guys,
    my f3 skybox came with a 12 months gift with all sky channels and a pretty crap channel list ive had some trouble with viewing problems such as picture freezing and audio lagging my dish was setup for sky by sky so don't think its that thats is causing my viewing problems I did read no here that the frimware that come with these boxes are not the best and another use update his frimware to something called scooby_snacks image ? do you think this would help me or not if so how do I get it and how do I put it on my f3 skybox and where/how do I change the channel list any help would be great i'm just about ready to send the f***ing thing back!!!!

13. darn24p

darn24p Regular member

before u go flashing it make sure u have a copy of the line that's in it cause once its gone its gone as for channel list u can flash that to it via usb if its only a channel list ur line will be fine but in my past dealings boxes with 12 months free are a no no if they stay on the whole time they are brutal as the server been that over sold its unwatchable at time like big footy games ect. if it persists I would recommend getting another line for it.

14. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

The best chan list is Aj's its up to date and he updates it regular, as darn says, never touch 12 month shares or even 6 months at that, best stick with 3 months given current news/rumours, the latest firmware from skybox themselves works fine used in conjunction with Aj's chan list, pic break up is down to your line more often than not, same with audio sync issues, it happens when there is a break in the connection or a spike.

Best bet would be to flash the box with the latest firmware and put Aj's chan list on, make sure your connections are all ok, turn your router on and off to start a fresh, if it still has issues with the pic breaking up, then get a test line to check the actual box, of this works fine then you know its your line from the original guy

15. slim4

slim4 Member

Hi,i have the 12mth F3 box since jan.Is there a manual explaining how to set up another NON gift F3 box, so that it recieves all the channels that the 12mth box has? I have read all the posts but still confused with terms like 'special line'? Does a 'line' mean a network cable conn from u router? What are the 8 icons like 'xcmds n AvatarCam' used for? Box will not conn 2 router via RAlink. Says WEP pass must be 5 or 13 long.My router pass word is 10 digits.Box willnot accept 10 digits.What is sealions? Thanks

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  16. beckham76

beckham76 Member

hi if i order 1 of these boxes do i need to buy a gift card seperatly? i am very much a idot when it comes to tech stuff so this maybe a silly question
    also would you recomend amazon? that is where i seen the box

17. molywoo31

molywoo31 Member

thanks, what size of usb device do I need. tom

18. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Firstly, people need to start reading the tut on this very thread, its a step by step, as its informative, secondly google card sharing for more info on sealions, dc receivers do genuine boxs,

Any decent USB works on these boxs

19. Annoymous

Annoymous Member

hi i don't get how these work,u buy the box set it up and that's it or do u have to buy codes from somewhere every month as somebody is selling them near me think it's 100 or 150 installation then 10 a month or 80 a year and was just wondering why he has to be paid monthly or yearly do codes get sent out or something like the old cable ones sorry to sound a noob lol

20. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

read the thread, is hows how to set them up, what u pay or dont is up to you and the person who supplys the line, dont pay for more than 3 months access,