1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Set up Starview 2 - THEBOX

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by krazyasif, Jul 13, 2007.

1. krazyasif

krazyasif Guest

NIce one ... thanks mate:)

Il get them tomorrow and take it from there

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Good Luck with it ;)

3. teilifise

teilifise Guest

help,

I have read through the forums followed lots of advice but am nowhere fast.
    I have just goy a starview 2 box - it was shipeed without software. Managerd to download s/w and got a usb to serial port connection.
    Not heres teh problem... When I downloaded the bin file I didnt g to get any specific channel dumps as per a tutorial i have seen earler.
    Is there a specific installion ie
    #Is it apps file ist tehn channel file then boot file.
    When I downloaded the channel file it took ten mins and looked like it was doing something.. what I don;t know amyway can not get any channels found when I connect to aerial. Have tried this 4 ties - redowloading software etc. the only time I got anything was when I connected to the P*Y Channl input.

Has anyone any idea what I am doing wrong. When I em* it and checked lines K*ys they were correct.

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Have you got your cable connected to "Cable Input"

5. teilifise

teilifise Guest

yes got 0 channels found on that - it kept coming up failed. It was only when i connected to the other input that I managed to pick up MTV, Euronews etc - 24 in all but that's nowhere near 180 expected. I have reset the factory setting and am attempted to reflash etc but ehn I conect to the PC via usb cable I get 'on' in a green led light at front panel . Is that correct?

is there a specific order for s/w installation? There was no files or instructions with the b*x

6. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Ok turn the b0x off at the back for a few seconds and turn back on , then try Menu > Installation > Choose your provider and do an automatic scan and lets know how many channels you get

7. teilifise

teilifise Guest

Got most of the stations now - but weird how it happened.

Got nothing via cable input bt when i connected to the P*y inut I got 24 channels.
    I then found a ch*l d**p on this thread and got 140 channels but no R***o c**ls at all. Missing no. of C**ls mostly all the +1's for some reason.

Have you any ideas or do you how the F**qs for the C**ls involved. Cart**n N******K +1 causing ing losts of grief due the fact its not picking up on scan.

Thanks

8. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Delete the channels you are having trouble with

Menu > Installation > manual scan > set the down freq to 402.000 and see does it bring in the channels now , The new channels found will be at the end of your list

9. teilifise

teilifise Guest

Will do. Let you know what happens.

thanks

10. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

No problem