1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO: Softmod Correctly

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by chunkhead, Sep 7, 2007.

1. dide_101

dide_101 Member

when you get the SID files you should open it and just get the NK launcher and in your case Loader. Splinter Cell and do the same thing for the 5.0 version. (make sure you get whiche ever version you have like NTSC or PAL you should find the things under the T rating on the CD mine says NTSC.)

Transfer them through your Action replay thingy and then connect it to your xbox and go to the ms dashboard and then go to memory then go into your memory stick. (usually by pressing the D-Pad) then you should be in your memory stick's panel. from there go to the SID go right so your in the subfolder then press A and you should go into a sub menu asking if you want to copy or Delete, copy it onto your hard drive. When you're done copy your splinter cell save as well. when you're done make sure that all your game saves are off the xbox and into your computer or else it might not work (I read it somewhere that it doesn't work never really tried it either.) Just follow the rest of the instructions and you should be ready to go
    I hope...

2. dide_101

dide_101 Member

yea chuck head I tried out evolution x and I kind of hated it you're right Unleash x is the best it gives you more options

But I do have one question when I put an audio cd in to the xbox it doesn't play it even when i press launch dvd it does nothing, any ideas on what's happening.

3. dide_101

dide_101 Member

never mind my bad I just had to explore the dashboard a bit don't worry i figured it out

4. droid

droid Member

still no luck. i keep getting error 21. i'm going to try and hotswap my xbox and rebuild the hdd. maybe this will do the trick.

5. dide_101

dide_101 Member

good luck with that I'm not skilled enough to go there yet.

6. dpop28

dpop28 Member

i got a controller i made into a usb controller. i downloaded the program from chunkheads USB softmodding thread. i need to know how to put the files onto a regular xbox memory card to run softmods?

7. droid

droid Member

copy files to the xbox hdd via the usb/controller. then insert a memory card into a regular controller and copy from hdd to memory card. i was able to copy the stuff to a memory card but i don't know anyone else with a regular xbox to try it out.

8. dpop28

dpop28 Member

is there any drivers that work with windows vista for a xbox usb controller

9. droid

droid Member

FINALLY!!! i got it to work! after trying to hotswap with zero success i asked a friend who is pretty smart with computers and we tryed the entire softmod process over only to reveal.... the problem i was having was because when i changed the xbreeders file i was not changing the correct file. i was not getting xbreedres.inf! so now it works. cool. now i'm going to try and change my hard drive today. thanx for all the help. the problem was my own fault.

10. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

What's "xbreeders"?

11. droid

droid Member

oops. i was listening to misfits (i was thinking of hatebreeders )when i was typing i meant xbreader file from the other forum.

12. Dukelord

Dukelord Member

Hey can someone pls answer my above question....Also, I saw this statement;

"You can transfer the files across via an already modded Xbox. This process is completed via FTP. With a memory card inserted into one of the controllers, the location I:\ should become available. Simply drag the correct folder for your game across to the memory card along with the SID4 installer."

I intend to use Splinter Cell, can someone pls tell me the correct procedure to go about creating a folder so I can transfer the files in the folder via FTP to my modded XBOX and from the modded XBOX to the memory card? What will be the name of the folder?

13. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

If you have a modded Xbox, simply drag across the Splintercell save file and loader (Should be a folder called 5E00000CCCC or some crap) to E:\TDATA or UDATA (I can't remember, i'm not at home to check), you'll see other folders that look similar. Drop the folders in there and they will become available in your 'Memory' in MS Dash, transfer to memory card!

;)

14. Dukelord

Dukelord Member

hey I wanna go and buy an original copy of Splinter Cell from a friend. Can you pls tell me the correct name of the Splinter Cell save folder, so I can create the folder on my laptop, I wanna put the SID Installer and Splinter Cell save in the folder, FTP it to my modded XBOX, so I can copy it from my modded XBOX to the memory card, I wanna softmod a cousin's XBOX which is not modded. Please also confirm the correct folder in my modded XBOX (E:\TDATA or UDATA) to transfer to. Thanks

15. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Download the SID exploit from my software page.

When you get it, extract

SID4NKLOADER.Splintercell.PAL.zip

SID4NKLauncher.zip

Open the zip files and extract the '5553000c' and the '21585554' folder to your desktop.

FTP those two folders to E:\UDATA

They will then be available in your 'Memory' Screen.

Transfer them to a memory card and start the Softmod process on tyhe new Xbox!

;)

Use my tutorials to show you how to do it!

16. Dukelord

Dukelord Member

Thanks a lot man....This is perfectly helpful

17. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

That's why I'm here!

If you have any issues or questions, don't hesitate to ask!

18. gezuz

gezuz Member

Hey, thanks for all the tutorial stuff, it's very helpful. I have a problem though. I can load the loader onto my USB and it's fine, I can xfer them to my XBox as well. But after that, when I put Splinter Cell into my XBox, it says the disc can't be recognized as a game/DVD/music CD. I tried putting in a different game, and I get this same error. I tried putting a DVD in, and it recognizes the disc. Music CDs are also recognized. I have a version 1.0 XBox, and am using Splinter Cell to try and softmod. Any ideas how I could fix this? Thanks!

19. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

Ok I have to get a new XBOX tomarrow and start all over. Is it possible to use the USB controller crossovers for this? I am talking of the ones that allow you to use a XBOX controller on the USB port for a PC?

20. mawdsley

mawdsley Member

hey guys im having a few problems trying to softmod an xbox, as i have an official memory card and i am using a friends modded xbox to transfer the files over to the memory card using a router connected to the xbox and a wireless connection to a laptop to ftp the files over, but every time we try to copy the files over the ftp directly to the memory card the save file becomes corrupt, we are using xbmc dashboard as my friend deleted his ms dashboard on accident so we have no access to that, so we are using the built in filebrowser to see the files on the xbox, i am wondering if we need to transfer the files to the xbox's hard drive first then to the memory card? is this correct or should i be able to transfer directly to the memory card... one other thing is what files am i copying to the memory card the whole UDATA folder with the two folders inside of it for each save or just the folders within the UDATA? and does it matter which version of these files i am using.. we have been trying to use the 5.01 version but does this differ much from the 4.0 version?

thank you for any help if you are able to :)