1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Softmod with SID 4.0! Tells how to get on XBL too!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by azzidrain, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Moose00

Moose00 Member

Hey I was wondering for when your trying to mod with splinter cell. What is the PAL and NTSC things, and how do I find out which one to use or....I'm not really 100% sure on all this stuff. I have the original splintercell copy not platinum hits. But how do I know if I use PAL or NTSC. Thanx

MOOSE

2. haxzorz

haxzorz Member

could some1 please tell me if i have to use NTSC or PAL, i have the non-platnium version of splinter cell: steal action redefined.

RESPONSE VERY APPRECEIATED, THANKS

3. Gohraw

Gohraw Member

Dude, all that i know is that NTSC means that you're in USA and PAL for some other area.

4. haxzorz

haxzorz Member

Could some1 please e-mail me the NTSC download? (i'd prefer if it wasn't rapidshare)

5. corn

corn Guest

No need to e-mail, its in the SID .rar.

6. Moose00

Moose00 Member

HELP PLEEZ
    ok so I have a question. I softmodded my xbox with SID 4.0, and it works great. I want to play custom games on live, but whenever I try to sign in (the light on the xbox is green, meaning its "safe", as I've been lead to believe)it says two options, either "create new account", or "start troubleshooter". So I have 3 accounts, and decide to take the "start troubleshooter", option. It then brings me to an update screen and starts automatically updating, I freaked and shutoff my xbox because I didn't know what was going on. So heres the question. If I choose to complete the update to get on live, will it detect my softmods?, or will it crash my harddrive, or what?. I could uninstall and the reinstall my softmods, but that'll take time, and I didn't know if it were safe to just do the update, and then get on live.

7. Gohraw

Gohraw Member

Iam not the expert at softmodding so do not take my word for granted, but here is how i look at it:
    1) The green light indicates that your modded dash is not active, which is why it allows you onto Live
    2) Live updates are typically installing updates, not searching for mods on your xbox
    3) If you feel that it is risky enough to install updates and get banned in the process, simply uninstall your softmod, get the updates, and then reinstall the softmod

8. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

All support as been moved to:
    How to Softmod Your Xbox using SID 4.0

If you want support, please consult that thread.

Also, once SID 5.0 is released, that new tutorial will be posted at the same website.

Sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused you.

Azzid

9. Gohraw

Gohraw Member

ok, i'll be sure to add that link.. thx for the link azzid

10. Moose00

Moose00 Member

hey thanx I'll give it a try, if anything goes wrong I'll come back here, haha ;)

11. pat544

pat544 Member

this is great it is so easy to use.... but is there a way i could softmod a Xbox 360???? if there is plz post or send me the link

thanx ;D

12. Gohraw

Gohraw Member

If there was a way, then I don't know about it. No word has reached my ear about someone modding a 360 yet. But if u can softmod a 360, i'd rather not risk it because i dont wana screw up my $400 beautiy that i use all the time...

13. pat544

pat544 Member

dang it... its not me who wants to mod it .. that would be crazy.. its my friend who wants to

14. Gohraw

Gohraw Member

Well then he's just stupid or rich enough not to care

15. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

Actually, they've just released something that is almost considered softmodding I believe...for the 360. The only thing is...you have to have a certain kernel on your dash so if you play xbl at all....then you can't mod it.

16. Gohraw

Gohraw Member

as cool as it may seem, that is totally pointless. the soul purpose to getting the 360 is online gaming...

17. JBroaddus

JBroaddus Member

i need to unmod my xbox but my friend told me he tried and it erased his harddrive.
    he was using the tutorial you posted azzidrain.
    so how do i safely uninstall it?

18. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

Load the installer like you did when you went to softmod. In the options, there is an option for Uninstall Softmod, choose that.

19. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Hey! Would just like to say thanks to all the guys who spent their time and effort into making this tutorial. This is the one that got me off the ground back in the day!

I have adapted this tutorial and a few others from around the net and then put my own personal experience together to form one large noob super tutorial! I would appreciate your feedback on this guys!

http://forums.llamma.com/viewtopic.php?t=9685

Chunkhead

20. Airbomb13

Airbomb13 Member

Hey dude, I dragged all the files, copied them, and then turned on 007, but then when I loaded the file, the LED light on the xbox turned orangish red, adn it went to a black screen and nothing happened, could I get some help about this?