1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Softmod with SID 4.0! Tells how to get on XBL too!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by azzidrain, Mar 3, 2006.

1. monkeywad

monkeywad Guest

How can i make the disc where all i do is put it in the Xbox and it mods it my buddy had one but he wont tell me how he did it......
    Also what kinda blank cd do i use?

2. Corizzle

Corizzle Member

Does it matter which XBOX version I got? I assume not as long as the dashboard is updated but I want to make sure

3. corn

corn Guest

Hm, I don't really know what he is talking about, maybe a SLAYERS?
    I have looked at SLAYERS, and it is really just good for Modchips.

Did you change your IP to DHCP (automatic)? For UnleashX, you can just go to your Network Settings, and change your IP from Static to DHCP.

Nope, tried this on a very old Xbox, and it worked great.

4. Corizzle

Corizzle Member

5. Evyil

Evyil Member

hey guys...i want to uninstall my box and put in a.i.d.4 but the mods that i have now doesnt give me a "uninstall softmod" button anywere...lil help please?

6. RKOMO

RKOMO Member

I have used this tut on my own xbox using mechassult. Now my problem is I am moding a friends halo xbox using splinter cell, I have copied the files I need on to my AR card. I then try to copy them over to the xbox and the only option I have is delete. I dont have the option to copy. I have spent all day looking for a fix and can't find it. I had no problems when I did mine.

7. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

When you go to select the gamesave, CLICK RIGHT. That will highlight the individual gamesave allowing you to choose copy.

@evyil
    Did you put in your game (SC, MA, 007) that you used to softmod, load the installer and then check for the option? If you used an OLD installer, then the option you should look for is RESTORE MS DASH. Make sure you made a backup before you go clicking that. To check, FTP to your Xbox, go to E:/ and see if there is a backup folder and in there you should either see an msdash folder with contents in it. If you don't have that, then you'll need to download the msdash (you can find one in the support section at http://www.se7ensins.com ).

@corizzle
    I believe you can use that, I don't see why not.

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  8. RKOMO

RKOMO Member

Thanks, I completely forgot that I had to do that.

9. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

NP bud. Post back to let us know if you successfully softmodded :)

10. RKOMO

RKOMO Member

It worked fine.

11. nooblit

nooblit Member

I was wondering if there is a way i can play gamecube games on my xbox, i have looked and i cant find an emulater to play super smash bros from the game cube on my xbox. please dont just ask a question over mine until this is ansered, thx.
    BTW, i know my tag is nooblit, i am, however, no such thing, just a kewl name, yall no how i do.

12. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

Wow...interesting...you should not have told people to not post until your question was answered. As far as nooblit...sure thing, whatever you say man...

Gamecube...uh huh...well, lets just say the furthest system you can emulate on the Xbox is the n64/ps1. You'll never be able to play anything higher than that on the Xbox...even those 2 systems have problems being emulated on the Xbox.

13. odestx

odestx Member

can someone tell me how to uninstall the softmod and all traces of the softmod, because I dont get the "uninstall softmod" option when I put the game disk in. And it is SID and I used splintercell, I have installed unleashx and I installed evox later, I dont know if it uninstalled the unleashx automaticaly

14. gus738

gus738 Guest

you tried loading the linux right? then after the linux you should have that option, you can also use the aid disc but its the easiest this way. Ask xboxhq for more help as thats where the source of this mod and to the other poster please dont you slayers its extreamly old and theirs hardly if any help

first you MUST have created a gamertag PRIOR to the install of the mod , if you alrady did that then have you tried changing your ip like someone here mentioned?

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2007
  15. odestx

odestx Member

well when I go to splintercell I go to load the checkpoint, and linux isnt listed anymore, I didnt take it off or change it. and if I click checkpoint it freezes

16. gus738

gus738 Guest

hmm thats werid, can you dual boot just fine? like going to ms dash? if so go check how many linux their is. And what command did you do ? dualboot=retail closed = ux ? fianly did you do ANY changes in the past durring the installation or after of the softmod? you should take this into xboxhq (google them) thats your best answer they have all the tools and most of the modders behind this sid app

17. odestx

odestx Member

well I messed with it and turns out I guess "restore mod backup" restores your box to its pre-mod state. It works fine and I get ms dash.
    thanks anyway

18. MeWasHere

MeWasHere Member

Love this tutorial.
    Its such a hit.

19. gus738

gus738 Guest

hmm that doesnt sound like sid 4 are you sure it said that? anyways you unisntalled the softmod?

20. Orion370

Orion370 Member

First of all AWESOME TUT!!
    I only had one problem until I read the FAQ
    The tut doesnt say (for Splintercell) that linux has to be the ONLY save for the game. Like I said you FAQ didnt but it might just help other Newbs out

Peace!