1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Softmod with SID 4.0! Tells how to get on XBL too!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by azzidrain, Mar 3, 2006.

1. pmafeared

pmafeared Member

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

3. pmafeared

pmafeared Member

Ok I don't think its' the save files anymore I was hoping that it would be just that easy but I think I might need some serious help LOL :(

I believe my Xbox dashboard got updated without me knowing it... Stupid Microsoft did a patch to fix the Linux crack. There is some hope though if my kernal is less than 5713 then there is a way to convert the box back to D:4920 <--- Xbox Dash board Version.

Do you think this is the problem and if so do you have any guides on how to convert the box back to 4920. OR does the dashboard version not even matter and I'm still over looking something. :( Damn Microsoft!

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I can't remember what version the ms dash needs to be, but you can rule that out with the 'clean' dash files from that same link i posted..

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  5. varnull

varnull Guest

Shouldn't make a bit of difference with REPUTABLE saves.. only the hookey messed about ones that tend to come from rapidshare and the like.

FYI.. there are 2 versions of the splinter cell ndure exploit.. PAL and NTSC. You need to have the right version, and make sure there is no other splinter cell saved information on your xbox hdd before you start.

6. pmafeared

pmafeared Member

Thanks for the reply varnull and that is another thing I didn't know ( No Other Saves Under Splinter Cell ) does that mean that there cant be a profile that I have saved playing splinter cell if so that might be the problem :) :) For the NTSC I got that part down in a snap.

7. cosac

cosac Guest

my led stays red
    what ould i do
    im afraid of tryng a game on live

8. babyhewy

babyhewy Member

Can someone tell me how I can convert the zip files that are in the rar into Gameshark's gamesave .gsx file? Thanks very much in advance. This is a very great forum.

9. gus738

gus738 Guest

Sorry I would not know how to work the gameshark method as everyone used AR. as for the last poster when the led is RED it is NOT safe to go xbox live. it needs to be Green.

the latest ms dash board is 5960, if you have an earlier version your xbox will crash thats why your spliter cell wont work.