1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO SOFTMOD XBOX EXPLAINED AGAIN FOR LAZY PEOPLE

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by roman_s, Aug 6, 2005.

1. alphy1313

alphy1313 Member

Thanks so much for the quick advice.

I was able to get NKnave onto the memory card finally. Thanks for the tip! Now I put in Mechassault (non plat. version) and under run linux, it says:

Controls: UNKNOWN
    Difficulty: UNKNOWN
    Current Level: UNKNOWN

Than, when I on hit Run Linux, I get an error message that says Unable to load <run Linux>, Press A to continue. Any Ideas?

So, I thought I would try another route; I have another .rar file called mechinstaller - 1.0, but this is one that won't load onto the memory card.

Incidentally, the memory card that came with the Action replay, does not work (is not reconized on the usb reader, but works fine on the xbox. The cheap green one I bought from gamestop ended up working and that's how I was able to finally transfer over files from NKnave.

Any ideas on what to do now?

2. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

here, try using this installer http://rapidshare.com/files/8338270/sid.4.0.nknave.edition.xbox-hq.rar you have to copy SID4.NK.Launcher and SID4.NK.Loader.Mechassault to your xbox and load the game, also, i heard somwhere that there are a lot of different versions of mechassault and some of them don't work so you may be better off using a different game.

3. alphy1313

alphy1313 Member

Thank you! I had a mechassault that had "not for sale" on it. I went to Blockbuster and got an original. Got the Xbox working great, with unleashx.

Now, I'm not able to FTP. I bought a crossover cable so it's not the wrong cable theory. I've disabled my norton firewall, but in following the tutorials, using flashftp, i can't connect.

4. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

make sure your xbox ip type is dhcp, and you are putting in the correct ip in flashfxp and you also put in xbox for username and password.

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

6. drag0n101

drag0n101 Member

ok ive read a lot of forums and they all have different plans on how to sofmod the xbox. here is wat i have to work with:
    1. xbox
    2.mech assult
    3. splinter cell
    4. action replay
    5.etc
    -------------------
    ive tried to download the softmod installer deluxe for all 3 games but when i load them on my xbox and i go into the splinter cell game and i try to start the game by loading the checkpoints, it should go black and then change to the evox. but it just stays black.

and the mech assult just freezes when i try to "run linux" and the xbox get the red ring and it just blinks till i turn it off

7. proballa

proballa Guest

WTF

some1 plz help me im tryin to download the linux thing for mechasult plz some1 send the file to me at mitch_26_stewy@hotmail.com thx

8. proballa

proballa Guest

I NEED THE LINUX INSTALLER FOR MECHASSULT PLZ ANYONE PLZ

9. proballa

proballa Guest

wtf i tried to put the linux thing on my action replay and it said "this is not a valid xbox save"

10. proballa

proballa Guest

ohh srry it was dat nknave thing the file name is nknave.edition.xbox-hq.rar can any1 help me?

11. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

12. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

@ jeezy103

STOP SPAMMING THE BOARDS!!!

@ drag0n101 & proballa

Click on my name for an idiot proof Softmod tutorial (Comes with all the files too!)

13. ukmhalo2

ukmhalo2 Member

OK wtf i downloaded all the linux files and i have the original splinter cell and when i restart my xbox and put in the splinter cell with the hack file it wont bring me up to a different screen it just has the god dang green mask light thingys so please tell me what im doing wrong

14. toymarine

toymarine Member

Hello poeple, sweet guide you've got going, but i need help with my xbox, ive recently deleted EvoX from my Xbox so that i could play on XBOX LIVE. Since then Bungie has decided to make the New Halo 2 Maps, Tombstone and Desolation Compulsary to play some of the Matchmaking Criteria. When i was downloading the New Maps I got an Error saying that i do not have enough free memory on my xbox and said that i Need to delete about 4k more Blocks. I searched and searched through music and save games to see what was the problem. They all summed up to be about 32,000 blocks used (mostly halo maps). After thi i thought, fusk it, And I Wiped my xbox of all savegames except the Xbox live User accounts save.. (42 blocks) But after deleting everything it said that i only had 34,284 free blocks left of a Possible 50,000+
    So my question is Does anyone know how to acces and see whats on my Xbox Harddrive ither than using the Default Dashboard? I think that I may have left a game on the Harddrive when I deleted EvolutionX
    Can you please EMAIL ME with a reply? my email is
    Chris_rob_b@hotmail.com
    Cheers!

Chris

15. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Email addresses are not allowed here.

Also, what has this got to do with softmodding?

You can possibly hotswap to look at your files. Either that or re-install a softmod and FTP.

16. Pyscho

Pyscho Guest

Hey,

As this is a first post of mine, it seems like a bad impression. You'll have to put up with that.

I have made my own Action Reply Max thing, out of an xbox controller, and a male USB cable. that was pretty easy.

I also have a memory card which I can use too.

Basically I need to confirm which splintercell I have, I believe I have the original but I am not so sure.

And also I need the files for the splintercell installer. Assuming I have the correct one.

Ill also need alot of help, heh.

Cheers for readin',
    Steve.

17. spart10

spart10 Member

hey there i have tried to soft-mod forever, but then i gave up cause i didn't know what was going on thin i found this a few days ago and it seems like a awesome tutorial on how to do it..but a question i have is..if i do soft-mod could i still play ranked games ..like is there a way to turn off the mods so i can play a legit ranked game?

fill free to send me a private message me cuase i need some help

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  18. Swiznaney

Swiznaney Member

I'm new at all this and i was wondering where i can get the action replay program from thanks

19. proballa

proballa Guest

kk wtf every time i try to softmod it f@#*%$ says "unable to load <runlinux>" can some 1 help me

20. spart10

spart10 Member

this post is for people who want to softmod halo 2
    CLICK, Then go to last question on page

the last Q,A

is unless you want to mod someting else then i have no info on that and good luck..i only wanted it for halo 2 for custom games and that link said it all so i just stoped it all