1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO SOFTMOD XBOX EXPLAINED AGAIN FOR LAZY PEOPLE

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by roman_s, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Barthus

Barthus Member

REMOVED.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  2. lexus37

lexus37 Member

Does this mod work for the Xbox360 Elite? Anyone know?

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Barthus,

Your post has broken many rules! Asking for copyrighted material and offering payment for said material is NOT allowed so I suggest reading the forum rules you agreed to before posting again. Posting email addies isn't allowed either.

4. cjcincy

cjcincy Member

hi... i have a reg ...xbox...its soft modded...and i have a slayers auto install disk...would that disk soft modd any xbox? i have looked in alot of the forums and noone disscuses this option..is the slayers lunix? i have another xbox that i wanna mod but just wanna make sure it will work with useing the slayers...before i do anything...please help thanks

5. silent714

silent714 Regular member

slayers is for modchip x boxes. It wont work if your xbox isnt modded.

6. 360hacker

360hacker Guest

retarded spam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2008
  7. mugen21

mugen21 Guest

i have Meccahsult and Splintercell 1, and i don't see lunix can some one tell me why that is ?

8. Lysstos

Lysstos Member

Hey guys, whats good?

I just decided to try this soft mod, so i went out and picked up the A.R.M, and a copy of all three games.

My problem is the links on the first page don't seem to work, something about the domain being blocked.

Any sort of help would be appreciated.

9. Scriber

Scriber Member

Aye, same for me. Anyone have any alternate DL locations?

10. davis12

davis12 Guest

this is an easy question so u need a xbox memory card???

11. hotnjuicy

hotnjuicy Member

hey im not lazy here at all but i need some help on soft moddin my bro xbox
    also do i need or have to remove any of the saved games files that are on there? i mean theres halo one halo 2 pso and several others that are on there as well
    and idk which linux installer to use
    i have a action replay on my pc but its just the software update from the datel website
    im not sure if that one would work or not. another thing is idk which linux installer to use b/c when i looked on the AR software it showed several linux installers on there
    so which one should i use
    i need you to help me out here
    heres my email add
    bigdaddyluv692002@yahoo.com and heres my aim too
    robluv72
    pls get back to me as ap b/c im more than willin to learn on how to soft mod xboxes
    pls help me out
    id be most appreciated
    thank you

12. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Don't worry about existing saves. But you need a memory card remember, the software alone doesn't work, you need to get an Xbox memory card.

13. robden

robden Member

is it possible to softmod an xbox with an broken hdd so i can replace the hdd?

14. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

use the hdm tutorial, but you do need to have a backup of the eeprom.bin file (or know the hdd key). then you can rebuild your hd using your pc. but you do need it to lock the harddrive again to your bios. if you do not have made a backup of any of these files, and your harddrive gives you an error 5(= hd is unlocked!) then you have some more serious problems. if your harddrive doesn't give you error 5 (for instance error 13, missing dash files), and you do not have the eeprom.bin or hdd key, then you can use the hotswap tutorial. then you can rebuild your hd without actually having any of the keys (eeprom or hdd key). ]

but as long as original games boot, my first suggestion is to softmod again using the games. that is the easiest way to get your broken hdd (assuming you mean broken in the sense of missing files) back up and running. if you mean broken (physically broken), use the above hdm tutorial to prepare a new harddrive with the eeprom key. if you do not have the eeprom, then take a look at the tutorial of building an eeprom reader! with that you can actually read your eeprom information.

good luck

15. robden

robden Member

thanks,

broken meaning physically broken (spindle noise-hardware problem)

and no I do not have and hdd key backup. I guest then my only options are to build an epprom reader or install a chip.

Rob

16. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

either a modchip (temporarily to get the eeprom.bin file will do) or build the eeprom reader (that was what i did with my first xbox, costed me about 5 dollar material. this was much cheaper since modchips are not readily available where i live and hence much more expensive.

if the harddrive that you do have would only just be recognized by your xbox, then you could start any game softmod and ONLY copy the eeprom to your computer by ftp. but for that to work, the hd should at least be recognized by your xbox for a few minutes. then if a game boots, run the game softmod then you should be able to get the eeprom.bin file. this was what i did with my second xbox, when my harddrive started making crackling noises and wouldn't boot anymore. after letting the hd rest for a night, it was recognized by my xbox a last time and i could run the softmod game. via that way i copied the eeprom.bin over, after which the hard drive permanently failed. my bios wouldn't even recognize the hd anymore.

in all other cases, you only have 2 options. good luck

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  17. robden

robden Member

ok thanks

i'll check again if the xbox recognize to drive.

What do you mean any game softmod.?

All I have is the Splinter cell, saved exploits on usb, and AIO 3.03 that i use for softmod.

Is there a way with splinter cell(if loads) to transfer a filed to a pc hd before doing to softmod?

I do have another xbox with a chip that I could remove and temporarily install to get the eeprom.bin. In that case which program or procedure to follow?

thanks

Rob

18. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

i'm sorry, you are right. with game softmod i mean the game exploit to softmod your xbox. i have the splinter cell game and the save games on the memorycard (and the xbox hd). that is the way i softmod an xbox. as soon as the exploit boots (via the sc game) into the sid 4 or sid 5 linux installer, you can ftp directly into the xbox (it gets a static ip adres). from then on you should be able to get the eeprom.bin to your computer hd without having to softmod it first. i always make a backup of the eeprom first and copy it to my computer hd BEFORE continuing with the softmod installer. just to be sure that i have the eeprom key as a backup if something goes wrong during the softmod install.

boot the sc game, run the sid 4 or sid 5 installer (memory card exploit!). then backup the eeprom.bin first to your computer hd. as soon as you have it, just power down. don't bother softmodding that hd, since it is broke already

in case of a chip,
    remove the chip put it in the xbox.
    put the new hd (clean, no formatting or preparing needed) in the xbox (put it in as master with slave enabled!).
    get any bootdisk (i use slayer's 2.7), put the cd or dvd in the xbox dvd drive. the xbox will boot from the cd/dvd.
    then go to the option to backup your eeprom.
    ==> i'm not sure to where you can backup your eeprom. if you can back it up to your memory card that is all fine. if not, you have to rebuilt the harddrive first to copy the eeprom to there (After which you can transfer it to your computer's hd). if so, do a rebuild (in slayers i believe it is option 4).
    then copy/save the eeprom file to the xbox's hard drive. boot the xbox, get the eeprom.bin from the hard drive to your pc.

take both the hard drive and the chip out of the xbox. you can put your chip back in the other xbox if you want.

take the hd (the same one you used above to rebuild, yes you have to rebuild it again but now preparing it for a softmod install instead of the above that prepared it for a chip = hardmod install).

use xbox hdmaker to rebuilt the hard drive for a softmod install.
    you can use the c-cheater files, but you can also do a clean install and softmod it again (i prefer to do that).

most important from this rather long process is that you have the eeprom.bin file on your computer. now you are able to lock and unlock any hd to your xbox.

but any good boot disk should be able (i think) to copy/save the eeprom file to the memorycard, which is the letter z i believe (if you ftp into it). off course, during boot up of the installer disk the xbox is assigned a ip so you can ftp into it (to get the eeprom.bin that you may or may not be able to save to the memory card off and into your computer).

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  19. robden

robden Member

thanks

weekend project.

i'll keep you posted

rob

20. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

all right, good luck. if all fails, the eeprom reader works like a charm.

i today had a v1.6 xbox which only wanted to connect to xbox live and did not do anything else. i've been trying for 2 hours to unlock hot swap to get it fixed (solution is to rebuild the ms dashboard / dashfiles). hotswapping on my pc, hotswapping on a modded xbox etc. etc. the box's hard drive kept staying locked. it wouldn't unlock to do any of the hotswap tricks (fatexplorer etc. etc.)

after 2 hours i gave up, took my eeprom reader and got the eeprom file in 2 minutes. in the end, i could have saved 2 hours....

so if all fails, the eeprom reader will do the trick (but your modchip will also, but that might be more work to take out, put in and take out and put back in the first xbox.

while your at it, you can also do a tsop flash. than you can flash the tsop with an evox or other bios, then you will never have this problem. i've flashed all xbox's tsops with evox m8plus or executer bios (your box will get banned immediately when you connect to xbox live, but who connects to live anymore with an xbox. not me at least...)