1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO SOFTMOD XBOX EXPLAINED AGAIN FOR LAZY PEOPLE

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by roman_s, Aug 6, 2005.

1. robden

robden Member

update ++++++

I was able to load the saved games (exploits) to the hard drive.

but when I tried to load Splinter Cell and I load the linux profile I get error 21.

Now after fiew attemps, after powering, the hard drive makes more noise and I get error 7.

So I will let it sit / cool off and maybe will read more and try hotswap (if hdd key not needed)

thanks

Rob

2. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

just try it a few more times. hot swapping will do you no good, since you will only rebuild your current hard drive with that method. since this is almost broken, it will fail surely. you cannot rebuild another hard drive without the eeprom key (unless you put in a mod chip, than off course you can). just try to run the game exploit, you'll only need to boot the sid installer once. as soon as it runs, you can back-up the eeprom.bin.

3. timmle

timmle Member

This way sounds very complicated indeed. When i softmod the xbox 360 it involves opening the xbox but is far far far simpler than this.

1) Identify which dvd drive you have by looking at pictures on the internet (BENQ etc)

2)Use iprep software to create a usb flash disk with the correct firmware (.bin) for your dvd drive. Firmware can be downloaded from a ftp server found on xbins.

3)Connect xbox 360 dvd drive to your motherboard via sata cable onto a via or nforce chipset.

4) Using usb flash disk you can flash your dvd drive using instructions on the 360mods site.

This is much easier than this thread for beginners, you can backup old untouched firmware, you can replace it a later date if you need to return xbox etc. No evidence atall if you don't want there to be.

4. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

you are in the wrong forum, this is softmodding the xbox 1!

the xbox 360 cannot be softmodded. some dvd drives can only be flashed with firmware that makes it able to boot copies (but you already know that).

5. spring170

spring170 Member

those sights you have listed for the downloads aren't working. They have been blocked

6. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

"Do not play the role of a moderator if you are not one. There is absolutely no need to nitpick on the posts of new users. Let the moderators do their work."

If you actually read the rules, you would know this.
    Burned.

7. TheOddYin

TheOddYin Member

hi i have a 40gb hard drive for my xbox but when i try to softmod it it goes very slow!!! how do i get it 2 run like the 10gb hard drive?

8. sneeman

sneeman Member

hey dude i need the code for mech assult. or wtvr it is i need. plz and thx gbye

9. iceman29

iceman29 Guest

does this work on the new dashboard? Also, can you play on live and not get banned? I don't see any firmware being flashed so seems to be okay with me. by memory card, you're talking about the 256 memory that comes with it? Does this work on all new games? Where do I get the files I need to download? Does this void any warranty?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2009
  10. iceman29

iceman29 Guest

This is what I'd like to know. I'd love to play online (reason why I bought it)

11. g30rdi3

g30rdi3 Guest

This is awesome. Thanks!

12. gary100

gary100 Member

ok... i've ordered splinter cell, the action replay but can't find any downloads that i need. can anyone help? i had a quick look over some of the 30+ pages and couldn't see any that work.

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

14. gary100

gary100 Member

15. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

No worries. Keep posted on your progress..

16. gary100

gary100 Member

yeah, will do. only ordered today so will get them by saturday hopefully. will try then.

if i've got issues i'll be right on here :p

17. cy80rg

cy80rg Member

Hey guys,

Have softmoddedd about 6 different uk xboxes before using Splintercell - all worked fine.

Now, just copied the Splinter cell exploit and the installer onto the mem card using one of the boxes I unlocked before and FTP from my pc.

The two zip files I FTPd from where SID5.Installer.zip and SID5.Loader.SplinterCell.PAL.zip .

Obv I didnt FTP over those top level zips, I unzipped them and FTP'd over the following files (path\path\<file ftp'd>)

SID5.Installer.zip\UDATA\21585554
    SID5.Loader.SplinterCell.PAL.zip\UDATA\

Then I copied them to the root of the card, now the card has ONLY these two folders on:

5553000c

Putting the card in un-modded xbox shows the linux save game and the installer.

So far so good...(?)

Load up splinter cell, go to load game - controller shows up as Controller - BAD TYPE- .

(I've tried this with a few controllers).

Ignore that and hope for the best...

Btn A to select LINUX
    Btn A to select CHECKPOINTS

Rather than loading the installer, it crashes out with an ERROR 21 - Service required!

No idea why it's doing this - worked fine in the past.
    Have tried this on a few xboxes, still the same failed responce.

Thankfully, rebooting the xbox clears the error then it works as normal "stock" xbox, plays games etc...

Any ideas guys?

I really want to get back into XBMC again, now Atlantis is out!

Thanks in advance... :)

18. cy80rg

cy80rg Member

Ooops, sorry - may need to clarify.

The two folders I FTP'd were

SID5.Installer.zip\UDATA\21585554
    SID5.Loader.SplinterCell.PAL.zip\UDATA\5553000c

Also, I have used this splinter cell exploit before - worked fine in the past...

19. emceeskwa

emceeskwa Member

i am trying to softmod my xbox with xboxhdm/ndure disc......
    i followed all instructions on tutorial and hotswap and everything is fine till i boot xboxhdm on my pc...........i get to the xboxhdm screen and tutorial says to press 1 for vga console ...........i press 1 and my pc goes to a blank screen? i cant figure it out , is my screen supposed to go blank and if so how long does it take to "load"? Any help would be extremely appreciated.
    Thanx

20. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

mod xbox game shark 007 vista
    help help.frst time