1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO SOFTMOD XBOX EXPLAINED AGAIN FOR LAZY PEOPLE

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by roman_s, Aug 6, 2005.

1. cy80rg

cy80rg Member

Hey guys,

After reading another thread, I've confirmed that the save game is the PAL version (at least that's what the folder structure says - see my last post).

Still getting the "BAD TYPE" re the controller...

Any help out there guys - got 3 xboxes waiting hungrily for XBMC and my NAS! :)

Thanks

2. rgray2005

rgray2005 Member

try copying the games saves onto the xbox itself, you can't run it from the memory card since the game saves cause a crash in the xbox's hdd and then allow a softmod to be applied, running from mem card will just crash the mem stick

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  3. cy80rg

cy80rg Member

Thanks rgray - you are indeed a scholar and a gentleman! :)

Yes, this sorted it out, must have been the one thing I didnt do this time round...

Now I know how the hack actually works, all makes sence... :)

<slaps self for overlooking this, buys rgray a pint>

4. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

can i use windows vista

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I know the thread title says it's for lazy people but have you read thru the entire thread ?

6. rgray2005

rgray2005 Member

@creaky lmfao at that reply, funny as fook :D

@xbox104 it should work with any windows pc, since all you are 'really' using your pc to do is to transfer the save game from your pc to your memory card

7. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

cy80rg, 5 lines max for text only sigs...fix your's ASAP!

8. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

can mod xbox with vista or where therd

9. creaky

xbox104 - instead of wearing out your poor fingers with all that typing in these long detailed posts of yours, why don't you try a softmod, it's dead easy.

10. rgray2005

rgray2005 Member

erm, i replied that yes you can, surely it is easier to read the reply than it is to create a new post?

11. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

All you have to do is go to the "ultimate sticky" of each section and you'll find the most informative threads and topics in there. It really isn't that difficult.

xbox104- I have a "before you post" link in my sig. Please click the link and watch the video.

Now......you need to learn how to search

There's a magical red button in my sig that will help you find anything your heart desires. For instance type in "how to softmod", press enter and stand back.

This is the best tutorial you will find on this site
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/558747

So get to work...

and yes it will work with vista (answered 3 times now)

12. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

c4rn1 that was good

13. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

14. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

By the looks of it, it looks like the gameshark will work perfectly.

[​IMG]

Just don't follow that tutorial you posted, follow the one that i linked you to.

Download this file
    Softmod Installer Deluxe

Transfer the files you want over to your memory card using the gameshark.

Then insert the memory card in your controller and copy the saves from the card over to the xbox.

You need to use one of those games in that tutorial i posted
    -007 Bond Agent Under Fire
    -Mech Assault
    -Splinter cell

Make sure the game is the original one and not a platinum or best hits version.

When you have your saves copied to your xbox and you have the correct game let me know.

15. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

c4rm1 how to setup gameshark on vista

16. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

c4rn
    1 does gameshark ccome memory card;and if so can i format one
    waht is mythtv and what else can i make xbox do

17. creaky

The Platinum Hits version of Splinter Cell (PAL) is perfectly fine, i'm pretty sure the NTSC version is also fine. However i can't speak for the Platinum version of 007 as have never tried it but (from what i've read) MechAssault does indeed have to be a specific version, you verify if the disc is the correct one via a code on or near the hub of the disc

18. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Good info Creaky.......

I think i have originals of 007 and mech assault, and only use 007 to mod. Never tried splinter cell or any other versions of the 3 exploited games.

xbox104- I have a couple questions for you

1. Do you even own a gameshark?
    It looks like the gameshark works the same way as action replay but might have a built in memory card. It would make sense, since most of the gamesharks i have ever had were their own memory cards.

2. Did you pick one of the 3 games yet?
    This is probably the most important step of the whole softmodding process.

To answer your question i don't think you should be messing around with mythtv right now. I doubt it would even run on the xbox that well for that matter. You need to get your xbox softmodded first so you can experience what it can do and understand it better. Mythtv is shooting a bit high for where you are right now. I have helped people do amazing things with xbox's but for right now let's get the basics down.

For gameshark on vista i think you can right click the executable and run in a compatiblity mode. So install the gameshark to your computer then if it doesn't run properly right click the .exe file and choose properties. Then select compatibility and play around with the settings till the program runs.

I hope i didn't miss anything, let me know the answers to those questions and we'll get you pointed in the right direction.

19. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

c4rn4
    I do have a gameshark
    I have a game--007
    I wont worry about mythTV

20. malinko

malinko Member

This may be a DUMBASS question but if someone on this thread has and original XBOX that is soft modded to play backup or hacked games and knows how to backup there hard drive why do you not use WINRAR and Utorrent to craeate a torrent and post it for download so those of us who R not as versed as U can erase ANY HD and put the UN-RAR'D copy onto it and install it to have a softmod without all of the hastle of getting new games and TONS of software to do the same thing??