1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO SOFTMOD XBOX EXPLAINED AGAIN FOR LAZY PEOPLE

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by roman_s, Aug 6, 2005.

1. rgray2005

rgray2005 Member

i see your logic here, it would be much much easier to do it your way, but the xbox won't load if it doesn't have the correct Eeprom from your hard drive, this Eeprom basically tells the xbox that this is the right hard drive for this xbox, the games you need to buy can be found for as cheap a £1 (like splinter cell) the acion replay kits, though very expensive now, really aren't needed anymore, i used a simple home-made usb kit to mod mine, it was a piece of pie and took all of half an hour to do

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

There's no getting away from people needing to use the save game exploits and obtaining the eeprom. All the files anyone could possibly want are here ~ http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/557450 and the freebie is my own first softmod experiences are on page 2 of that thread. Softmodding is dead easy and swapping hard drives is almost as easy.

3. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

when i configure gameshark it freez i have it under windows 2000
    is there way to fix it

4. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

To last post ver 1.00. what to put in autoinstaueer 1.3

5. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Mr. Great Malinko the answers you received are partially correct. You wouldn't have to worry about he eeprom if you hotswapped the stock drive. But if you were to make a new drive you would need the eeprom to lock it.

Anyway...
    If you take a took below my post in my sig you will find a link named "download my cheater C". This link is a copy of my C: obtained from a 1.4 xbox running avalaunch. Now a lot of people have had success with simply using my cheater c: but the people with the 1.6 and 1.6b boxes get an error 21. So let's say you're doing this all without any exploits and just hotswapping.

You download my cheater C and then hotswap to the xbox. Then for some odd reason when you power it up it throws an error 21. Now instead of using an expoit to easily ftp the files back to the xbox you have to hotswap again, reconnect to the computer and replace the files. If you had an expoit you would spend a lot less time fixing this error.

I do have downloads for 1.0 - 1.4 - 1.6 on afterdawn but that doesn't mean that new people should use them. The Cheater C should only be attempted by someone who knows what they're doing. After all you only have yourself to blame if it doesn't work.

SID (softmod installer deluxe) is the best way to go. You can easily backup your eeprom so if you have any problems you can easily fix them. SID will also detect what version xbox you have and put the correct files in the correct places. You will never get an error using SID to mod an xbox.

Years ago we could only softmod the xbox to the point where you had to access the softmod from the ms dash using a sequence of commands. Also if you would leave the video cable unplugged while powering the xbox and trying to load the softmod it would overwrite the exploited file (st.db) that allowed you to load the softmod and you would have to fix it (happened to me 3 times). Right now there's really nothing new being done with the original xbox. Yeah AID is updating files but really the whole orginal xbox scene is over.

You could also hotswap the saves to E:/udata eliminating the need for action replay, but if you run into problems you'll be further behind than where you started.

We have these tried and true methods to mod the xbox so you don't have any problems, my advice is to stick with them.

And Xbox104- You really need to try harder with your english skills. I realize this isn't an english course but i can only understand a little more than half of what you're trying to tell me. I'm not a psychic so please take time to write out your post and before you hit the "post reply" button make sure i'm able to understand what you're tryin to tell me.

You should try to run that program in all compatability modes. If that doesn't work try to borrow someone elses computer. It really shouldn't be a big deal finding a computer without vista. All you have to do is bring your gameshark and cd with the SID 4.01 files to someone's house then copy them to the gameshark. Problem solved.

And
    I have no clue what you're trying to tell me here

Get the gameshark program working and transfer those saves then post your progress.

If anyone has any questions then let me know.

6. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

when I am typing the information into the gameshark and when I hit the ok it freeze.and if there no fix can i windows xp usb drive

I burn auto instauer 1.3 cd-r I need to drag files to cd and what files do i need and i whnt to softmod. i have 007. and maybe put it on a usb it like action replay.or not. why no one hear about game shark why . better

7. Darkhate

Darkhate Member

There is an easier way to softmod the xbox. I will build an iso tonight. I will post it tomorrow with instructions on how to use it. I use it every time I softmod. I will include the 007 and mach assult saves. If there is anymore software that you want me to include in it just let me know.

edit--

xbox104 what kernel do you have.

Here is some instructions on finding out what Kernel you have.

****Kernel/Dashboard Version****

The first thing you need to do is find your current retail Xbox's Kernel and Dashboard version. To do this, boot up to the MS Dashboard, go to Settings, and the System Info. After the scrolling text, you should see this at the bottom.

K:1.00.XXXX.01
    D:1.00.YYYY.01

XXXX is the Xbox kernel version and YYYY is the Xbox dashboard version.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  8. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

Darkhate I would like
    ps1 game
    nes
    game boy
    snnes
    cd i
    neo
    dreamcast
    bios

9. Darkhate

Darkhate Member

I need to know your Kernel Version, if you can get it. If you cant will try to work around it.

I will add the Emulators, you can add the roms yours later after you softmod.

10. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

Hey dark hate
    I cat not get the kernel

11. Darkhate

Darkhate Member

When you turn on the xbox does it go to the dashboard ---> Click

If it does the follow my instructions that I posted before.

If not, are you able to open the xbox. There is sometimes a sticker on early models with the Kernel number.

12. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

dark hate
    does it matter. my xbox went out on me so right now i dont have one
    can i add softmod

13. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

to last post will i need to use game shark.if so can you me setup it
    up .what pbl softmod

14. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Darkhate i don't know if you just skimmed my post or something but we're talking about soft-modding with a save exploit. It is the easiest way to mod. I get where you're going with the iso idea but that's already been done and it's for more than one xbox. I used to use my cheater C on every xbox i made with a generic xboxhdm cd and use the eeprom on a floppy to lock the new drive. If you are modding the stock hard drive you don't need an iso or anything special. All you need is the exploit and the game and you're set. Anyway good luck helping xbox104 i'll step aside to see how this goes.

If you're looking for xbox software go here
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/557450

Emulators and everything have already been uploaded quite a long time ago. The roms however are illegal to post so don't break our rules and get banned for posting roms (obviously you know this).

BTW the AID disc has every emulator you would ever want, plus all the dashboards and everything else you can think of. It would be pointless to upload all these things when they're already available online.

15. Darkhate

Darkhate Member

Sorry C4RN1 didn't mean to intrude on the thread. Just saw someone that needed help.

Would you like me to start a new one thread, we could call it "help fix xbox104's Xbox"

xbox104 I need you to answer the following questions.

1. Does it power on?
    2. Does it show an error message? If so what error.
    3. Are you able to open the xbox?

16. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

no power
    no error
    all ready open i buy it ebay andit did work

17. Darkhate

Darkhate Member

To do any mod you will need to have an xbox that has power.

So find out if it is the motherboard or power supply.

18. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Darkhate i welcome people who want to learn and people who want to help, so don't take what i said as anything negative. It looked like you skimmed my post and thought that i was telling him to hotswap. Anyway we can both help him out so don't worry about anything negative from me.

I didn't realize his xbox didn't turn on.....I'm completely dumbfounded that he was tryin to get a exploit on his gameshark and didn't even tell me his xbox wasn't working.

*facepalm*

On second thought i think i'm going to just monitor the thread or i might lose patience with xbox104.

Good luck dark

19. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

what to look for.i think it is dirty disc disc.i gustbought blitz.
    but my others game work. but two game did not work i might go buy a 50.00 doller xbox

20. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

hey can i check my dashbord with=blitz the league.what others game can I use to check.