1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO SOFTMOD XBOX EXPLAINED AGAIN FOR LAZY PEOPLE

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by roman_s, Aug 6, 2005.

1. roman_s

roman_s Guest

And btw when you are gonna install these softmods Choose Unleashedx...unless you know how to FTP with Evox

2. Gizmo73O

Gizmo73O Member

Roman im me to its Gizmo73O and that is the letter O at the end not a zero.....

3. casdnto1

casdnto1 Member

Hey roman_s

Could you post the files over the forum that are now in ENGLISH? Is it against the rules or something? Cause I dont think I'm going to be Instant Messaging with ya for a while, since every time I log on AIM I see that your always not on. So could you do that? You wouldn't only be helping me but everyone else that needs it too.

4. roman_s

roman_s Guest

These files I had my friend gave to me a little while back, it's the ones i used to mod my xbox, And btw I'm Always online try again.
    And i asked him where he got them and he said a friend gave it to him. so he has no idea. Well no reason to complain just IM and ask and i'll give you the files.
    Condemned10

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2005
  5. ustna

ustna Member

roman_s..would you mind posting the English version instead of the Dutch version for MA..thanks

6. Gizmo73O

Gizmo73O Member

and it would be nice if xbox live worked after you instaled it..

7. zixpk

zixpk Guest

i need help on how to uninsatl this. Can someone please help

8. casdnto1

casdnto1 Member

Well around what time are you usually on? Cause I'm on all the time too. Are you sure your on AIM or YIM? Why can't you just post the files as a download over the forum like you did with the others?

9. ustna

ustna Member

10. casdnto1

casdnto1 Member

Who here has got the new files to soft mod with from roman_s? Maybe you guys could just give the file to me since im not hearing from roman_s

11. grandslam

grandslam Member

i do my aim is grandslamjmh

12. Soft_Mod

Soft_Mod Member

Hey Roman I had a question about soft modding and that question is: Is it really worth it? I play Xbox Live ALOT and i know that if you install a soft mod onto ur xbox then it isnt easy to remove it to go on Live. So let me know if its worth removing it and installing it over and over again. thanks

13. roman_s

roman_s Guest

To the guy who wants over this site i can't cause it's not a link...unless i think i put on putfile but i don't know how to do that, ill check on that now.

To the guy who asked if it will work over live...yes if
    You put back in the game,
    RUn linux,
    Turn off mod,
    Go to m$ dashboard
    Go to Settings
    Go to network settings
    Go to IP Addresses
    Change the Configuration to Automatic
    Go back
    Go to DNS Servers
    Change Congifuration to Automatic
    And your set to go on live BUT you need to go thru this simple process everytime you wanna go on Live after turning off your softmod...so if you leave ur mod off all the time you don't have to do that again...but if you turn on your mod then decide to go on live you need to do that process over again

To the guy who asked if im ever on aim and that if he's always on....well just post your AIM name or Privite MEssage me.

To the guy who said if it was worth it...Well i use to play live ALOT and had a softmod nothing happen to me...but then i decided to mod halo on matchmaking and got the ban...but i can still play other games. but remember you can still play custom games and not get banned...

P.S ill try gettin the files over here, o and the files are english ones =D...and if your still trying to use the dutch files i don't know what wrong with your mind

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2005
  14. casdnto1

casdnto1 Member

Well my AIM is casdnto1. But what I don't get is that you can give your AIM, websites, and links. Then again, it's against the rules to post your e-mail? I mean it would make things so much easier if you were able to just give your e-mail

15. ustna

ustna Member

Well. I am still using the Dutch one and am having no problems. Should I be? I would like to be able to know what everything says though. When you do put the English version up here, how do I take the Dutch one off and put the English one on? Thanks.

16. keebles

keebles Regular member

I wouldn't try to softmod since some of the newer games can detect softmods, and softmods even done right can still screw up your xbox with such things as the clock loop problem. Plus if anything goes wrong you can't just flip a switch and undo what you did like with some modchips. But even some modchips can screw up you system if not used right. I got rid of my xbox modchip when it started to frag and wounld play any games(solderless one) once I got rid of it, my xbox started to run perfect again.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2005
  17. casdnto1

casdnto1 Member

Oh and roman_s? why are all your posts posted around the same time each time you post? It seems that evertime you post back, it's some time in the morning.

18. playhalo2

playhalo2 Member

if i softmod my xbox, will that let me add my maps from halo onto my computer? cuz right now i cant get them onto my computer. im using dothalo and all the other modding programs from www.halomaps.com and dunno how to mod the maps. Please someone help out a noob modder!!!

19. keebles

keebles Regular member

I wouldn't softmod unless you know what you are doing and are willing to take a chance of getting a clock loop problem. Also some of the newer games can detect softmods and will try to fix them leaving you with a broken xbox after wards. They can delet your settings and you will end up with a very exspensive door stop.

20. casdnto1

casdnto1 Member

That's funny, but by any chance, would you happend to have the new files that are in english or know a place where i could get them ?