1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO SOFTMOD XBOX EXPLAINED AGAIN FOR LAZY PEOPLE

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by roman_s, Aug 6, 2005.

1. help12345

help12345 Guest

ya dude to get on xbox live again u hve to uninstall ur softmod. to do this u simkply turn ur xbox on using the eject butten and the blue screen will cme up. thn u click restore ms back up. whn its done wit thtshut ur xbox off thn turn it on and u will hve the originaldasboard again. thn u cn go on xbl. o ya and a softmod is only used for the getting modded maps frm ur comp to ur xbox. thn whn u hve all the modded maps u uninstall it \. u dnt keep the softmod.

2. crazy8s34

crazy8s34 Member

is it as easy as that? is the linux installer all you need to mod?

3. help12345

help12345 Guest

4. Eastman88

Eastman88 Guest

Ok, now I have a question after reading all those posts. If those are the only 3 games you can use with softmods, How do people use softmods to hack into Halo 2 files? I mean, I saw a video some guy made in which he was able to "create" his own maps. He was really just hacking the old maps and modifying them. Anyway, if anyone can tell me how to mod Halo without using hardmods, please let me know as soon as possible.

5. t1pp3r

t1pp3r Member

Yo i have 2 questions
    1. how do u get your mods from ur comp 2
    ur xbox?
    2.If u want new mods how would u do that?

6. keebles

keebles Regular member

You need a memory card and a Action Replay for the XBOX(it allows you to download
    power saves to your memory card).
    Once you have that done, just use the game to load the save and all of your softmoding
    should go on from there.
    for changing/updating, you have to uninstall the mod and then reinstall the new mod.

I wouldn't though, softmoding can be dangerouse if you don't know what you are doing,
    and even then if you do know what you are doing, you can't uninstall/undo what you did if
    something goes wrong like with a modchip.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2005
  7. Mod65

Mod65 Member

Roman, i am using 007 agent under fire......what does the link do? do you need the link in order to get the run linux screen....my problem is i just cant get the run linux screen.....i have action replay max for xbox...when you go on community saves and then install linux..and then linux installer i dragged linux to my pc data base and then to my memory card......if you are supposed to download the link for 007 agent under fire.....(wich i did).....are you supposed to unzip it?....i tryed dragging it over to my action replay screen and it said "this is not a valid xbox save"......andthen if i ahve to download the thing for 007 agent under fire am i supposed to put it on my memory card (i know i am a big noob) I JUST WANT TO MOD HALO 2!!!!!! also can you ruin your xbox when you softmod it? ok PLEASE WRITE ME BACK!!!!!??? :(

8. gameviper

gameviper Member

gameviper.tk
    Modding help and connection bridging help. I also make custom mods! Check my site out now!

9. Mod65

Mod65 Member

Hey, does anyone know how to force host with a router, without bridging, pullin out the cord. If you do can you explain it to me please?! ThAnKs PlEaSe HeLp A NoOb OuT?? :(

10. keebles

keebles Regular member

hey Mod65
    when you are softmoding, you are installing files on to a flashable chip. A flashable chip was put in the first realesed xbox's so they could get updates from Xbox Live. After A group discovered how to put linux on the chip with out opening there xbox, they realesed the info on how to do it. Then the hackers who where making all these bios and dashboards for modchips started to make softmods allowing them to install all the files needed to make the xbox run copied games and homemade apps without opening the system. When you Install a softmod, you are removing the XBox Live data and replacing it with hacked software. When you are installing it, you could install a bad version of the software, or not even install it correctly. Another is if you lose power when installing it, you only have half the files needed to work which means you are going to get an error. There is no real safeway to mod really. If do any kind of moding, you could really screw up your system and end up with a door stop or a paper weight.

11. keebles

keebles Regular member

So I wouldn't want to softmod if I was you, But hey it's your choice.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
  12. gameviper

gameviper Member

just go to my site, and i will help you with everything!!!!!!!!

Gameviper.tk

13. Mod65

Mod65 Member

Alright thanks, But I don't want to softmod my box. I want to know how to force host in halo 2 matchmaking without bridging, I want to know how or when to pull out the cord out of my router to force host in halo 2 matchmaking...if anyone knows how to please help me (tell me)
    if any og you have gamer tags please send it to me. :)

14. fl1pm0de

fl1pm0de Member

i would suggest downloading "softmod installer deluxe 2.0" from any torrent sites. This would give you all 3 files MA SC and 007 and also a small tutorial how to mod your xbox.

15. gameviper

gameviper Member

no, i will help youw with connection bridging also!

16. HaloHor

HaloHor Guest

roman that really helped a lot i think now i will be able to mod but i have 2 questions once i download all that where do i get all of the mods for h2 like super speed super jump ect... and my other question is i heard some people talking about turning mods off and on like well i have 5 accounts so could i mod on only like 1 of them and then on all of my other acoounts just play fair and straight up?

17. HaloHor

HaloHor Guest

viper will u help me bridge because ive been trying to learn how to for about 3 weeks and i dont know how to or help me with pulling the ethernet cord what # on the countdown should i pull it on

18. Mod65

Mod65 Member

Hey, do any of you guys know how to force host with JUST A ROUTER NOT BRIDGING? like pulling out the cord from your modem to your router at a certain time in the countdown..? If one of you guys do, can you please tell me or give me a short tutorial, or even easier...give me your xbox live gamertag and i will send you a friend request? Please I really need help!! :(

19. HaloHor

HaloHor Guest

dude i talked to my friend about it and he told me how to do but hell hes not always right my gamertag is :a trillionair

20. iversonn1

iversonn1 Guest

how do i play music that are on my dashboard on my games i have unleash x dashboard