1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to : Softmod your Xbox w/ JUST your PC!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by ace700, May 17, 2007.

1. sjenkjr

sjenkjr Guest

I downloaded the shademand's xbox shoft mod files, do I put those files in the c folder in the linux folder?

2. sjenkjr

sjenkjr Guest

What c folder am I suppose to copy from to the c folder in the xboxhdm folder?

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Your method seems very complicated! If you're too afraid to do it properly, you shouldn't do it! Your way is the exact reason why there are so many "I screwed up my softmod, HELP!!!" posts on the net! The ability for things to go wrong is HUGE!!! Not to mention the lack of backwards repair!

If you are a real noob and are worried...

Why don't you just use Frosty's Softmod Disc? You just insert it, click 'Softmod' and you're done!
    Info: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=603497

Find it on Xbins!

4. rjuker

rjuker Member

Thanks ace, I found your write up extremely accurate and valuable. I can't imagine how you could possibly mess this up!! The one thing I did have problems with was the initial unlocking of the hd drive. I ended up leaving the dvd drive plugged in and just swapping the IDE cable after the M$ symbol in white appeared at boot up. Thanks so much for taking the time to write this up!
    Sincerely,
    RJ