1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to take 2-sec gap off from mp3-discs...?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Kaiser21, Jun 30, 2003.

1. Kaiser21

Kaiser21 Member

Is it possible to take pauses off between mp3-tracks? Example, when listening some 6hours dj-set from mp3-cd, it isn't very nice when there is always 2sec silence between the tracks. It is easy to take gap off when you make ordinary audio-disc. Is there any program which can help? Example crossfading would be excellent if there is such program that works. But I don't want that the tracks are only in one part. I want also browse tracks whitout rewind.

Has anyone any solution or suggest? I would be very kindful for anykind of information.

2. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Burn the CD's in DAO (disc at once) rather than Track at Once mode. This should eliminate the gap, which is caused by the laser switching on and off between tracks.

3. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

You're talking about data CD-R's containing mp3s - right?

PC playback:
    For Winamp there are crossfade plugins that do a good job on this.

Hardware player:
    Some hardware players (like my Kenwood Car Radio) just add a gap of silence between tracks, the only workarround would be joining the tracks but then you can't access the tracks seperately anymore - and you don't want this as you said. So getting another hadware player (take a CD to the shop and test it before buying) is the only option.

4. Kaiser21

Kaiser21 Member

DAO doesn't seem to work and my Pioneer Car Radio hasn't crossfading like winamp.

It's hard to find that kind of car- or any hardware-player.

Though problem. There must be other solutions.

If just could make marker points to the long set without splitting... Thanks anyway

5. minix

minix Member

The silences are at the start and end of MP3 files, so you have to remove that silence manually if you're making an audio disc.
    Then, you have to burn those tracks with Feurio and "Do not insert pauses between tracks". (Nero cuts the last sector of tracks not multiple of a CD-DA sector).

If you're talking about data discs with MP3 files, then I don't know.

If you have the large MP3, it's easy to splitting correctly it for burning as a CD-DA.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2003
  6. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

Wait ... 2 thoughts:

1. ID3 V1 tags are attatched at the end of mp3 files while V2 tags are written in the beginning. If your car radio would support V2 tags, adding V2 tags to your files and deleting V1 tags might help as the player wouldn't have to read the end of the file anymore before starting to play. Maybe your player has an option to disable Tag reading at all - this might help too.

2. Manually removing silent frames in the beginning and in the end of the mp3 files using Mp3DirectCut will help getting rid of a small part of the 2 seconds (not worth while the effort if 1. doesn't work).

7. c7015

c7015 Regular member

its just the pioneer player they are the best for quality but when it comes to the seperation they seem to take some time to uncompress the mp3 file I have the deh p7400 and found that it did this no matter how I burned the dics so I took the same disc into futureshop and found that other decks such as kenwood jvc dont do this but I could live with it because I love pioneer