1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell if xbit is working

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by daevoe, Feb 26, 2004.

1. daevoe

daevoe Member

I have an xbox v1.0. I installed the xbit pogopin method. I checked to voltage at each pin according to http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/lpc-diag.php and everything checked out. I put it all back together. I flashed bioses 3, 4, 5, and 6 with Evo M7, Executer 4979.06, Executer 4980.06, and Executer 4981.67, respectively.

(Actually I wasn't sure which Executer to flash with, the one ending in .06 or .67, so I did a little of both)

I booted my xbox and and noticed that the external xbit board's led was lit up green. The tv display looked normal before installing the xbit.

I wasn't sure if the xbit was working alright or not but I went ahead and tried to install evox dash build 3935. In the evoxdash directory I renamed evoxdash.xbe to default.xbe and evox to evox.ini. I then added two 265MB zip files named 00Dummy and 00ADummy to the dir. I made the dir into an iso using the Extract-XISO v2.2 GUI. Then I burned the image with Nero 6 to a Memorex DVD+RW at 2.4X using a Lite-On 8X burner.

I put the DVD into my xbox and hoped that in a few seconds I would be able to play movie dvds, ftp with my desktop and even install Linux; instead I got a message that my xbox can't recognize my disk.

I have rewritten my boot disk, changed the dip switches to evey possible bios, and I still can't get any further than I could have before I bought the xbit.

I am trying to narrow down the possible problems. I have a few questions.

First is there a way to tell if the xbit bios is booting up with having a dashboard installed?

What should the screen look like after booting for the fisrt time?

Does the green led mean that the xbit is installed correctly?

Can I get evox dashboard on my drive without using the DVD rom? (ftp, install on desktop, etc)

Can I load the dash using an external DVD rom and bypassing the xbox DVD drive?

Please help. I've looked everywhere and found that other people are experiencing similar problems. I hope that the answers to my questions will also help everyone else. It's really annoying to have someing and not being able to use it.

2. andres200

andres200 Regular member

I was having the same problem

when it boots up instead of m$ under the big X it should say exacutor_2. this is how you know the bios is working

If the bios is not working then try realigning the chip. i found out that my problem was that my d0 pin was not aligned correctly. The led lite up even when it was not correctly aligned