1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to transcode video faster? Can anyone help please???

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Noblefool, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Noblefool

Noblefool Member

Hi there, I'm using CloneDVD, Nero, and SonicDVD, mostly, for major dvds and what not, and it works fine and dandy...my problem lies with trying to burn files, I've downloaded from the net.

It takes FOREVER to transcode these video files...once the transcoding part is done, they rip in a matter of minutes (16X DVD read/write)...but it's that dang blasted transcoding process.

IS there any way I can speed up the transcoding process??? Maybe some kind of software or settings or something?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  2. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

You can try setting the priority for the program you're using to transcode to a higher setting.

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

for the video files that are from the net whats the converter you are using to re encode your files to mpeg 2

I went from 12 hours to 1 hour by changing my program of cucsofts avi2mpeg to either mainconcepts mpeg encoder of vso divx to dvd

4. Noblefool

Noblefool Member

Right now I'm using SonicDVD for transcoding video...I'm going to give that mainconcepts software a trial run...thanks for the assistance, hopefully that'll speed up my transcoding issues.