1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO: Troubleshooting and FAQ for Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by chunkhead, Jul 18, 2007.

1. andylinn

andylinn Guest

chuckhead im not shure if im doing the right thing i dont know anythina about this site now i am going to tell u my prob again and if i still arnt doing the right thing let me know alright it wont let me on the internet to download skins its hooked up to the computer and the ip is the same on the box n the computer and n i try to log on and it says (unable to retrieve file: http ststus 10065) what dose this mean could this be the cause of all my probs or what i also have azureues and i want to watch movies through that on my box do i neesd a crossover cable to do anything frome the computer to the box

p.s the site u have been giving my i cant find my probs on there

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Read my networking guide.

Also, the Xbox and the PC have to have DIFFERENT IP Addresses!

3. andylinn

andylinn Guest

u knoow what the ip should be on the box and the pc

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

It's explained in the networking guide.

There's no "correct" IP address, only ones that are in the same network.

To be in the same network, the IP addresses must be the same, but the last number changes. They must also have the same subnet as each other.

eg.

PC

IP Address: 10.1.1.3
    Subnet mask: 255.0.0.0

XBOX

IP Address: 10.1.1.5
    Subnet mask: 255.0.0.0

5. andylinn

andylinn Guest

how do i change my ip on my pc im not shure anso i hooked my box up to the modem when the pc was off and i was able to get on the net to download skins y is that

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

My Networking guide explains all of this.

The reason the Xbox was able to get connection, at a guess...

The modem will be a DHCP server and the Xbox is a DHCP client by default. The two will talk and work without issue!

7. zerojfb

zerojfb Member

Wassup, chunk? I just got a xbox. I'm thinking of softmodding. I got splinter cell 1, i can get my hands on an action replay with memory card included without buying and i got a friend with a chip modded xbox. My questions are:

1- do i have everything i need with the game, action replay + mem card? Or do i really need an original memory card (which i can't get)?

2- If i can get a hold of my friend (we haven't been in touch) what do i need?

3- Is the dashboard version relevant for anything? I got this from system info: k.1.00.5838.01 d.1.00.5960.01

4- I got the xbox 2nd hand. How can i see if it is already modded without entering a backup? (Hope dies last... ;)

Thanks, dude

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  8. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Sounds like your all ready to go!

You can test if it's modded by inserting a backup game. If it plays, it's modded, if not...

Use my softmod tutorial and have a look at my 'USB memory card' tutorial for tips on how to use the AR.

You don't need your friend and the 5960 dash you have will be fine!

You're ready to go!

9. zerojfb

zerojfb Member

Thanks for the speedy response, bro.
    I still haven't had time to do it. I'm in the break of my law internship classes right now.
    But from what i've seen i'm gonna get my paws on the AR (+ included AR software + included mem card) and then follow the instructions.
    I heard that the mem card that comes with AR won't work. You need an original from Microsoft. But if you say it's ok... Is it?
    Also, should the AR pack include a USB port adapter? I don't get it.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks, man. You pay a damn cool service here ;D

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  10. zerojfb

zerojfb Member

I'm trying to do it right now. It's 11:30 PM here.

"The USB Devive failed to enumerate". WTF!!!!!!!!!
    I can't get SID to the mem card because of this. Should i try another PC? Do i need a controller for the port MaxDrive XBox?

Is the AR F#$%ed up?

I was so f#$%ing close...

Wait a minute... I just inserted my mem card in the controller and it has SIS 5.0 Installer and SID Splinter Cell PAL?

Does this help? What should i do now?

00:21 AM

I F#$%ING DID IT! STANDARD SOFTMOD SID 5! JUST TESTED IT!

Do i still need the mem card and AR? Is it good to keep it around in case something goes wrong or is it no longer useful?

00:47 (nice log i'm keepin' here...)

How lucky can a guy be? I got the AR and couldn't have the PC detect it and it turns out it had saved in it exactly the data i needed, from the game i needed and from the region i needed (SID 5, Splinter Cell PAL)...

Anyway, i gotta turn in. Thanks for all your help, chunk. It mattered bigtime

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  11. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Glad I could help... or you could help yourself... or...

Nice work!

;)

12. zerojfb

zerojfb Member

Do i still need the mem card and AR? Is it good to keep it around in case something goes wrong or is it no longer useful?

13. zerojfb

zerojfb Member

I'm in another computer. I tried to install the AR and had the same problem. Except when i decide to look for the drivers in the installation folder... Man i was dumb... But it worked out perfectly this way.

How do you get stuff to the xbox hard disk? I'd like to get emulators, music... stuff like that in there

14. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Keep the AR, you'll never know when you'll need it again!

You can use FTP to change the content of the HDD, read my networking tutorial to show you how!

15. zerojfb

zerojfb Member

Which one is it? Sorry, i'm as a noob as you get in Xbox. can i sue dvd2xbox if i have the stuff i want in a dvd? How do you connect to the xbox? ethernet?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  16. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

This Troubleshooter\Tutorial guide is designed around 'Noobies'. Read through each one that looks like it may answer you questions.

You need to research yourself, try and find answers and have a general understanding of what you are trying to do!

When you have all that, then I can help you with more specific stuff, you'll have to read the guides and explanations until then!

;)

17. varnull

varnull Guest

I'm sitting here looking at an original Action Replay disk which I suppose I could rip to an iso and torrent (or zshare direct link) if there is any demand for it.
    If more than 5 people want it I will do it for you..

PM me if you want it done ;-)

I also have a large back catalog of older installers, and the more obscure ones like bonesx, xwizard and the like.. they seem to be gone now.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2007
  18. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Can't really see the point, the one I link to is a direct source from CodeJunkies...

19. doctor9

doctor9 Member

hi chunk,
    im a neewb and i just got my kids the xbox 360 for xmas. will this softmodding tutorial work or is it only for the original xbox? thank you

20. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

No, this is all for the original Xbox, sorry!

There is an Xbox 360 forum here on Afterdawn, maybe they can help you with what you need!

;)