1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to unistall virtal dvd drive from system ??

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by expresso, Oct 21, 2004.

1. expresso

expresso Regular member

hi - i think i have a virtal drive installed after i installed acohol 120 - caused problems and i uninstalled - but i think i have a virtal drive now -
    i one dvd drive and another dvd burner - but only the burner is in my systeme now - had to return the dvd drive - so i would think - i should have only the dvd burner in my hardware - but it shows the burner and a another dvd drive - i tried to disable it and uninstall it - and comes back after i reboot

how do i get rid of that virtal drive - or better
    how can i tell or make sure it is a virtual drive to begin with -
    thanks

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

do a properties check on both & see what it says

3. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

In Alcohol 120%, right click on Virtual Drive and then select disable. If that doesn't work...

Go to Control Panel > System > Hardware Tab > Device Manager, find the virtual drive, right click, and disable.

4. expresso

expresso Regular member

thanks for the help - i got it fixed with the help from geestar20 he gave me some options to try and it worked - you cant just disable it from the control panel or even unstall it from there only -
    you have to uninstall the plug and play bios from the system and also uninstall the scsi drivers from the sytem also - and reboot -- now its gone from my system -- acohol 120 didnt agree with my system too good - i am running xp2500 - sometimes clocked to 3200 - 512 dual channel 400ddr memory - fx5200 128mb
    dvi out to 19" lcd philips monitor - 120 WD 8meg drive with nec 2500a burner and 16X dvd - systems runs very good - cant complain - i always keep the reg. cleaned and run all those spy programs etc.- defrag all the time - i have burned over 400 dvds - i had maybe 10 to 15 bad ones of those - not too bad
    considering -

thanks again for the info.