1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Unlock Treo 650

Discussion in 'PDA discussion' started by capone420, Dec 29, 2005.

1. capone420

capone420 Member

I have a 65 i purchased with cingular and i want to switch to sprint how do i unlock it so i can do that

2. mfrink

mfrink Regular member

NO, Cingular and Sprint have completely different networks, where I believe Sprint is using the GSM network and cingular using the CDMA. Sell your 650 on ebay and buy one for sprint. You may want to wait, I believe Palm will have a treo 700p for sprint in the next few months

3. capone420

capone420 Member

how do i unlock it or my razr just for kicks how do i do that

4. priusone

priusone Member

This is about two months late, but Sprint has a closed network. They only use phones that they supply. For example, I have a Treo 650 with Sprint, if the lucky day comes when I drop them, I can change the software and go to a different network. Well, a network that uses CDMA (Sprint).

Oh, and you mentioned a Razr. I can only assume that you are wanting to have a Razr on the Sprint Network. I tried doing something like that two years ago (and having a realive who worked with Sprint helped a little) but the fact that I couldn't rewrite the ESN and the ESN was not from a Sprint phone, I was out of luck.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006