1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to: Update Eurovox Max V with Kuro 18.04.08 (R.I.P 28/11/2008)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SG8, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

What makes you say that?

2. walshyy11

walshyy11 Member

cos i called them and the lady theat lived here before cancelled here account and no one has activated a new one so they disconected the line....i called them today. so looks like i have to pay23euro a month for the basic package and line then i just plug my box in and get everything else for free......unless i have get the line activated some how

3. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Do you know some one with the same connection as you so you can try your box on there connection, You dont want to sign up to a 12 months contract without being 100% sure that your box is ok! or do you have the old original receiver to try?, Your prob right but just to make sure.

4. raefb

raefb Member

hey hightek or sg8!
    i seem to have 15holes on the pack of my laptop, does that mean i can still use only the 9pin Female to Female Serial Null Modem Cable or do i require both the 9pin Female to Female Serial Null Modem Cable and the USB to Serial DB9 Adaptor Converter?

thankyou

5. walshyy11

walshyy11 Member

ah no mate i iwsh i was wrong nut it looks like im right........it cant even pick up a signal. i just woke up one morning and it dispayed searching for signal. so when i called them they said it had been disconected. see my whole apartment block is on chorus and othere peoles tvs are working so. an i dont even have an ordinary TV arial port i have to use chorus which is a F*$ker i know but dont have a choice....................................well i do SKY....but only a few channels in HD yet obviously they will increase but i dont tink u can do the same ting with tere boxes as we are to chorus and NTL is that right????????

6. Pasanonic

Pasanonic Regular member

you can not plug your RS232 ( DB9 F ) into the VGA out of your laptop (DB15 F ) which is what you are suggesting.

You will need to use a USB to RS232 ( DB9 M ) converter ( these do not always seem to work ) or better still just use a PC tower unit as most if not all laptops these days will not have a serial ( DB9 M ) port for you to plug the null modem cable into.

7. karljd

karljd Regular member

allready answered here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/162/647037

8. banchod

banchod Member

thanks Karlj

9. walshyy11

walshyy11 Member

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET A CONNECTION BACK ON WITH OUT GOIN THROUGH CH**US

10. hill16

hill16 Regular member

thanks sg8 for replying on my receipt it says the above, found the packaging it says on it usb 2.0 to rs232 cable ,i bought it on ebay item#280218598464 hope this helps and have i been shafted?thanks for your help

11. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

I just looked at the cables you bought via item number They are the right set of cables! and personally I dont think you have been s*****d, Quite reasonable.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  12. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Absolutely the correct cable set. I got one of these from Cablestar & they work fine. Actually I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the USB Adapter, it's top class.

13. hill16

hill16 Regular member

14. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Hill you have not typed anything?

15. murphj11

murphj11 Member

Hi dudes,

Can anyone tell me the fastest way to find out what class of eurovox box i have.....i bought it in october 2007......any suggestions?
    Jamesy

16. kristovl

kristovl Member

Hello anone that can help. I just updated my brothers box with the correct null modem 9 pin cable and a usb adapter and his is a eurovox blue and it worked fine. They have a slightly newer laptop than i do and there's run off vista rather than mine which is on xp. I however have a eurovax maxV (black) and i have tried to do the same but i can only use COM3 and i cannot get past the 'waiting fo response' stage before downloading. Any help please?

17. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Have a look to see if you have a clone or not first here

http://www.irelandeurovox.com/eurovoxclones.htm

Then to tell what box you have here,

http://www.freewebs.com/tempfix/redorblue.htm

18. SG8

SG8 Active member

There are some posts on the other pages of this thread that will probably be of some use to you.

19. spursrule

spursrule Member

hello there you clever people out there,
    i have a euro-vox .tv box is there a download i can put on it so idont have to keep putting the codes in please, my other boxes are ok but this one is my mates , i have tried thre down loads red blue and euromax but they dont work ,have you any ideas out there ,
    many thanks , my heros,

( yes i am begging on my knees as i write this )

20. murphj11

murphj11 Member

Thanks man but my eurovox box isnt like either of these so i am no closer to the truth......maybe "I cant handle the truth".....thanks anywaY
    Jamesy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.