1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to: Update Eurovox Max V with Kuro 18.04.08 (R.I.P 28/11/2008)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SG8, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG8

SG8 Active member

Praise indeed coming from you Karl!! Of course feel free to use wherever and whenever you see fit!!.

Thanks to Hiteck for adding the clarification on the cables etc.

2. SG8

SG8 Active member

What happens when you try to download the update? Do you get any error message at all?

The NULL MODEM cable could be the problem, especially if it is not really a NULL MODEM CABLE!!

Update: I just googled that part number you quoted and it would appear to be a regular serial cable and NOT a null modem, so now you know what your problem is.
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L68BT&DOY=5m4 is what you have.

This is what you need: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97740&criteria=null modem&doy=17m4

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  3. keith72

keith72 Member

Thanks SG8 for quick reply. I'll give it a go so. I've reordered my serial null cable as I think I bought wrong one. Thanks to HiTek for clarification on cables. Keep up the good work. I think I can get access to an old PC in work with 9-pin serial port in work but I don't think boss would be too happy to see 3 boxes on his desk Monday morning :)

4. SG8

SG8 Active member

Would he notice if his computer was not on his desk?? lol

5. spursrule

spursrule Member

hello mate i wonder if you can help me , i have a wire 9holes at one end and a printer connection in other, which goes in printer port. cause i looked at the wire in your pictures and mine aint the same , have i got the wrong wire,
    if i have the rite wire,
    i connect it all up , but it wont download to box, i have tried com ports 1 & 2 but it wont have it ,
    please help mate , it is driving me mad

6. keith72

keith72 Member

Probably not ...He only uses it for Solitaire, LOL! I'm sure I can bribe him if I offer to update his own box. it'll stop him ringing me every 5 mins fot NTHell codes...

7. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

No problem SG8 I hope it comes in handy for other forum members.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  8. shelsfans

shelsfans Member

hey i got a null modem cable , so i flash the box which is works says its successfull( cause it now said it has the latest firmwire under system infomation )

then i do a factory reset and enter in my symbol rate and scan for all the channels which it picks up , but then i go to sky sports and it still says its updating ( i waited for an hour )

9. jpdmoore3

jpdmoore3 Member

has anyone got eurovox codes (telewest) yet plz

10. steven666

steven666 Member

were can i buy a null modem cable to update my eurovox mav v 08

11. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Look at the previous page!!!

12. kwackgt

kwackgt Member

HI, your right it is a stupid serial cable, pissed me right off, as it was labeled up in maplins as a null modem cable- grrrhh! will take it back and hopefully get it exchanged.
    Thanks for your help.Hopfully thyey will have a REAL NUll modem cable- i guess i should have checked thier website, like you did, but insted i trusted thier shop display!.
    thanks again!.

13. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Its easily done, you wont be the first or the last! good luck with the flash follow SG8s instructions on pg 1 as they are spot on.

14. pfaul

pfaul Member

SG8.
    I have followed your instructions above for the Eurovox, they have been v helpful. But I'm still getting the code been updated message.
    I'm in Dublin and connected to NTL. I have updated the firmware successfully and follow your instructions to step 10 - wait to factory settings, I press ok and a full power scan begins at 6887 rate.
    The scan completed in about 10 minutes. It starts slowly 1/770 2/770 etc up to about 200/770, it then starts to jump rather quickly through the rest and at the same time 13 frequencies are displayed below the TP:00
    heading (only 13). When complete it moves to another screen and roles thru 1/13,2/13 etc and displays all the TV and radio stations that are apparently tuned in. When it completes the updating code screen appears, but I change to Sky Sports and as you say after a few minutes I get the channel tuned in and everything is great. But then after say 30 minutes I see the updating message or "Please enter SMART card" message and I then lose the feed and it does not come back. I tired the whole process again with similar outcome.
    Have you any suggestions, am I missing a step or codes?

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Happens due to a multiroll, patience is required.

16. editmode

editmode Member

Hi,SG8 followed your guidelines to download firmware.Only problem was at no11,said NO TRANSPONDER. Did a retune of box all OK.Thanks for your info,magic.

17. 1kada

1kada Member

I have followed your instructions above for the Eurovox, they have been v helpful.
    I'm in UK and connected to Telewest. I have updated the firmware successfully and follow your instructions.
    - wait to factory settings, I press ok and a full power scan begins at 6952 rate.
    Thanks a lot ................

18. trishg

trishg Member

Hey SG8s HiTeck I'm still having a problem reflash my eurovox with my laptop, useing USB serial converter and a serial null modem 9 pin female, but getting "no com available" cables are both new have rebooted both and retryed still no joy any I haves also retried all 3 ports still no joy, is there anyting else i can try?? laptop has an expansion port can i use that to reflash the box??? sorry for driving you mad but all the new codes are driving me mad!! thanks a mill!!!

19. Bigjaspa

Bigjaspa Member

Go into your device manager, the preferences (I think), you then change the port for the USB to 1,2,3 or 4.
    It usually allocates 7 or 8 automatically, this is no good.

20. 1kada

1kada Member

Hi, reinatall USB serial converter in youre laptop and try again...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.