1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to: Update Eurovox Max V with Kuro 18.04.08 (R.I.P 28/11/2008)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SG8, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaolin75

shaolin75 Member

enn tee hell must have gone to a new nagra code last night, my eurovox max v went down, only showing rte 2 now, does anyone know of a new firmware update?? I used the last firmware update april 18th, but it's gone again... any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No they didnt? Are you sure it isnt a cable fault in your area?

3. karljd

karljd Regular member

even if you update your firmware,when there is a roll your box still needs to update codes so leave it on a premier channel ie sly sports and let it update,if it dosn't then as sc0ucer says it is probably a fault with your cable connection,also check you didn't loosen any connections on your box ie coaxil into rf in and scart securely fixed into tv scart on your box.

4. steviebee

steviebee Member

Thanks for The Know How On This I;m Up & Running Now Lovly JuBBly..

[​IMG]

5. GARYJ101

GARYJ101 Member

i am trying to download eurovox max software kuro 18.04.08 from mediafire and it is telling me software no longer stored here any were else i can get it from

6. karljd

karljd Regular member

7. GARYJ101

GARYJ101 Member

thanks tried that saying firmware not suitible for your receiver i have a eurovox max black box i got in 2007 anyone know what software i should be useing

8. karljd

karljd Regular member

it should be a red if you count 8 notches back from the tuner ie rf in its a red are you sure its black and not grey and silver let me no and you willl find the firmware in eamos library under my pic in the firmware folder in the eurovox folder

9. GARYJ101

GARYJ101 Member

yes 8 notches it has a grey and silver front and the case is black

10. karljd

karljd Regular member

then flash with the unified red loader in eamo's library or look in hitecks link for the red 21/04/08

11. GARYJ101

GARYJ101 Member

thanks very much working now would be lost with out you

12. karljd

karljd Regular member

cheers glad your sorted

13. CBX2000

CBX2000 Member

Hi all,
    I'm wondering can someone help me. I've updated a friends Eurovox Max V 2008 with the Kuro 18.04.08 latest firmware. Afterwhich...it rebooted I cleared the data etc and done a full powerscan. It found something like 115 channels...great I thought. I went to channel 1 which displayed after a minute or 2 when it updates the codes. After about 2 mins though the picture started to breakup and so did the sound. I checked it on every channel and it was the same so I re-flashed the box. Same thing happened. I took the box home with me last night. Cleared the channel data and started a fresh power scan. It couldn't find any TPs so I just left it turned on. Woke up this morning and there are no lights on the front of the box but on the TV it says 'channel not currently available'. I cannot change any channels or get into the menu. I can re-flash it as the UFL detects the box on COM1 but even after flashing it still says the same and there are no lights on the front of the box. I've done quite a bit of searching on afterdawn about this and it seems the box is screwed. Is there any last things to try before I give it back to an upset friend!?

Cheers

CBX...

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

If there are no lights at all you may have to go down the Jtag route.

15. need2no7

need2no7 Member

can any1 help, loaded firmware onto the eurovox max-red, used null modem and computer said it was successful. Followed instructions did a full power scan but not getting any channels, tryed auto scan and message appeared no transponder.

Can any1 please help have been at this for 2 hours now
    Thanks

16. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

What provider are you on and what symbol rate are you using? BTW you should have uploaded a CDF from your box first and then loaded it back on after flashing.

17. tw0nk

tw0nk Member

Hi All, Just got the eurovox v 2008 box and installed new firmware via instructions in thread. All installed perfect and then tried to scan for channels...

I am in enniscorthy, co.wexford and have cable (chorus) I have tried factory reset then full scan with 6875. During the scan the level and quality bars go green from time to time (i presumed this was when it found channel) but at the end there are no channels found.

Can anyone please help me find the channels? Thanks

18. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Press menu ,Installation, User installation,Enter pin 0000, Press yellow button(power scan) Mode normal
    Start 270Mhz
    Stop 450Mhz
    Symbol Rate 6.875 Mbaud
    Symbol rate 0.000
    Symbol rate 0.000
    Symbol rate 0.000
    Press ok on remote
    Wait and if you have proper cable the box should pick up 13 tps then it scans for the channels and should pick up around 140,but if you have chorus mmds(ariel on the roof) it wont work.If the channels do come in it will say 140 or whatever channels found, exit all the way back to the channels go to a pay channel ie sky premier and wait about 5 mins for it to come in ,that’s it.

19. tw0nk

tw0nk Member

Celtic71, unfortunatly im beginning to think it might be mmds signal even though i dont have an mmds aerial, someone on a different forum told me some places pipe mmds signal into homes via cable.

Do you know where I could find out how to test my signal to see if its mmds? I have borrowed a dvb-t usb key and downloaded progdvb but i dont really know how to use it.

20. CBX2000

CBX2000 Member

Thanks for that sc0user...not the news I was looking for. I take it this can/should be returned to the seller for replacement either?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.