1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to: Update Eurovox Max V with Kuro 18.04.08 (R.I.P 28/11/2008)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SG8, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

and also as karl said make sure its not a clone cos it usually would tell you if you have wrong firmware but not clones karl gave you a link there and there is one at the end of my post

2. elocinth2

elocinth2 Member

Hi guys really really need your help my problem is driving me mental. I have the eurovox max v i have been trying to upload the firmware on it since yesterday. Tried all the problem solvers( turned off box and tried again, changed com settings etc but its still saying waiting for the response of your reciever. Its driving me mad please please help

3. karljd

karljd Regular member

in that case i think your using the wrong cable have you taking a look at page 1 of this thread

4. elocinth2

elocinth2 Member

see thats the thing i had already put the firmware on 2 boxes and they are working fine and then when i came back to do the last one yesterday it would'nt work

5. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

if you are using a usb to rs232 adaptor make sure its installed onto your computer with mini disc that you get with it .. make sure you also have a null modem cable db9f to db9f and not an rs232 serial cable

6. karljd

karljd Regular member

sorry elocinth2 looked back on last night is it the same cable you used to flash the other two boxes?if so i had a similar problem last week and literly had to hold the null modem in place at the back of the box and jocky around for a bit till the pc picked up the box takes a bit of patience and you will need to keep closing and opening the loader and keep your hand steady.

7. elocinth2

elocinth2 Member

okay thanks very much will have to look for that

8. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

karl since your there do you know if any of the boxes work off other networks such as m*gna or sm*rt two of my friends are in new apartments and the whole block are connected to those networks have you heard of them

9. karljd

karljd Regular member

no tempo they will only work on n@l or ch@rus hope there not what you have in your new one!

10. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

no defo not .. i hope ..lol .. no i would turn it down cos cant live without my digital i would end up in the pub even more than i am .. thanks for the reply

11. kearney83

kearney83 Member

I had a look on the website to see if i had the Red or the Blue box. The tv tuner at the back only came as far as the eight slot on top. i had a look through the slots to see if there was any red paint on the screws on the board. i couldnt see any. but i may be missing it??
    Also, i flipped down the front of the box, and looked at the components and they looked like they were not the clone parts. Got it from your sig....... http://www.irelandeurovox.com/eurovoxclones.htm

I did it for a friend, and he said that the Eurovox came in a red box.

Would the software allow me to upload the software onto the wrong box?

12. karljd

karljd Regular member

is the box all black with just silver buttons on the front?

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

nope it should not but a clone box will so that is what you have to be careful off

take the lid off and look inside to be on the safe side

14. kearney83

kearney83 Member

Is there a fix for it?

15. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

there is links under my post to determine but there is no fix for red clones at present only blue

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

sorry mate there is not and if it is you will have a door stopper as there wont be either i would say

17. kearney83

kearney83 Member

18. tempo2006

tempo2006 Regular member

well if the tuner only goes back 8 slots its a red box or red clone and there is no firmware for red clones ive never really seen any posts saying someone had a red clone your the first ive seen but im sure there were others

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  19. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

there are all color clones even black ones and the answer is no you cannot put other firmware on clone boxes unless you can get it and the only one that is available is blue mate

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

looks original only way to find out for sure is to open the box up and look inside for the red paint and the tied up cables as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.