1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to: Update Eurovox Max V with Kuro 18.04.08 (R.I.P 28/11/2008)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SG8, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karljd

karljd Regular member

have you read page one of this thread? if so you may have the wrong cable

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

stuie007 - how about you stop creating numerous posts/threads and stick to this one you're in now.....

3. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

hey lads...flashed a eurovox black today no problems but the second one had no power...i know its not the power cable cos i used it on the first box...any ideas?is it fubar??

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Had it got power before flash. If not and its a Max V under warranty, better off sending it back rather then investigating further. i.e. C14 check, PSU voltage check, hard reboot, jtag route. And the list goes on.

5. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

hey scouser...didn't even get a chance to flash it...when i plugged it in to start there was nothing...dont know about the warranty to be honest...i doubt it...think he got it from a lad he knows who buys a load and sells them on.sounds like its for the bin to me!

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Nothing is ever for the bin always a way to fix it ;) But he should at least try a return if its a Max V the guy should support it.

7. vicatron

vicatron Regular member

cheers scouser i'll pass it on and see what he says.now jump back to starview cos i want to ask you something there!lol

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem.

9. JaneyMack

JaneyMack Regular member

Lads I have a couple of questions. I'll go & try & root out the solution myself from the different threads but I'll fire these questions off anyway to see what the experts think (working with '07 Eurovox red original).

I recently got help for you guys on how to upgrade the firmware - everything worked grand except the channel dump in which case I just did a scan between the given frequency. I got my channels back fine but I've moved house & now I'm having issues such as:

My music channels are gone missing and I'm beginning to lose channels one by one (no signal messages).
    Should I do another scan if so what frequency will I use???

Also I went to update my parents eurovox (same box) in the same way as I did the first. I.e get the firmware off scouser's page, clear the channels and do the upgrade followed by the scan. But when I do all this & re-connect the box no channels are picked up......am I missing something?

Any ideas??? Both boxes are in 2 different areas of Dublin - both NT*. Like I say I'll have a root around but any direction a help.

Thanx in advance.

10. cionnaith

cionnaith Member

hiya
    I got help earlier regarding your cdf file but cant seem to download it.
    If it appears as a url on my desktop do I just upload it when i connect cable to box
    or shud it look like the Kuro upgrades icon?
    thanx

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

TPs and channels have been changed somewhat of late my CDF has been updated to accomodate this change. Just download it again.

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

If you are talking about my CDF you use the Kuro UFL, (which is your Kuro icon), to download it to your box. It will appear as a .cdf file.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  13. jimpeach

jimpeach Member

Hi all,

Been reading this forum for a while, some great info.

Anyway, I've finally got round to getting a cable to Flash my Euro-vox Max V (not clone) but I'm having trouble connecting my old tower pc to the box.

I'm connecting the cable directly to the pc's null modem connection but when I run the program and click "download" the text "Com 2" "Com 3" flashes on and off. I've gone into the device manager and tried chaning the port settings but still no joy.

The only think I can think of is maybe I bought a dud cable?!

"DB9 Female DB9F 9 pin RS232 Serial Null Modem 1.5m Cable

o

Connectors: DB9 Female to DB9 Female
    o

Used to convert an existing DB9 M/M cable
    o

Fully shielded to prevent unwanted EMI/RFI interference
    o

Fully molded connectors with thumbscrews provide you with a quick and easy connection every time
    o

Null modem cables are used to transfer data between machines.
    Occasionally used for data transfer between two PC's (use Windows Direct Cable Connection software or LapLink) but more commonly now, used to update Satellite/Cable Receivers from your PC (please check your instructions to make sure this is the correct cable). Suitable for Dreambox, Technomate, Humax, EchoStar, Manhattan and may more. If your receiver has a 9pin socket on it, then this cable should work great.
    o

High quality cable with moulded ends, with thumb screw fasteners, for secure easy connecting.
    Connections:
    pin 2 ...to... pin 3
    pin 3 ...to... pin 2
    pin 4 ...to... pin 6
    pin 5 ...to... pin 5
    pin 6 ...to... pin 4
    pin 7 ...to... pin 8
    pin 8 ...to... pin 7 "

any thoughts?

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

these cables are the only ones that will work so no point beating about the bush with cables no other ones will do except these ones

Heres the NULL MODEM CABLE Code L71BT

[​IMG]

USB Adapter Cable Code ZP43W

[​IMG]

15. jimpeach

jimpeach Member

Thanks Fergus,

The one I have looks the exact same but must be wrong. Will get a lend off a mate and see if that does the trick. (his works)

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

yep that is the way to go

17. davelft

davelft Member

hi guys can any 1 help as im tryn to upgrade my box ive downloaded kuro 3 no probs cleared factory default power scan for new channels says no transponder while its updating the blue box under the level&quality says TP:000 any ideas how to rectify

18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

why did you not take a channel dump from your box before putting the new firmware on your box

if you are in dublin and on N** go to the eamos site and download the cdf file with scousers name on it this is for Ireland only and put that on your box and you should be sorted

19. CO19

CO19 Regular member

Want to link to where I can get the above one Ferg (lol)

20. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Just put the Part number ZP43W into the search box on the Maplin site or search for cablestar on Fleabay (Much better value & you get the cable & adapter too)

-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.