1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to: Update Eurovox Max V with Kuro 18.04.08 (R.I.P 28/11/2008)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SG8, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaneyMack

JaneyMack Regular member

I had a similar issue a few weeks back. You could try going to 'config', select 'clear data' put in your PIN, select 'factory default'.
    It should then say 'wait factory settings' or something like that.
    Then I needed to make sure that my factory settings was on the 6.887 frequency (the same as when you do the scan) for Dublin NTBell-end.

I was doing the scans on the 6.887 freq in the powerscan menu but I also had to go into the settings & make sure after the factory default that I had selected 6.887 in a seperate menu option (for my EV a different freq. was selected by default which had me banjo'd until I checked - I could see the channels were being picked up but I couldn't view them).

Anyway try this - worked for me.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You could see the channels because you had found the transponders, but hadnt updated the channels also.

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

It is specifically for boxes with the 8% signal problem, is that what you have? It will work on all Max Vs but it is recommended to stick to the 18/04/08 firmware, unless you have the 8% problem.

4. Elvis64

Elvis64 Member

Thanks Janeymack, I'll try that tonight when I get home. I think it's ok though.
    Scouser, what's the 8% signal problem?
    Thanks for all the help, great site.

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

If you only see signal level/quality at 8% whan scanning. Either it is your firmware, tuner or you have selected the wrong provider when you see this.

Honestly if your channels were fine for a while. I would try a powerscan from 290.000 to 420.000 using symbol rate 6887. Just do a factory reset at 6887 and input that info. See if that works.

6. Elvis64

Elvis64 Member

Thanks Scouser.
    I'm using the 6887 freq alright. I'll try it again tonight.
    The signal in my area isn't great in general so maybe it has got worse & caused my problem but my Replay Lite box works fine.
    I might try a signal booster & see if that helps.
    Thanks again

7. JaneyMack

JaneyMack Regular member

Well not exactly - I took the new CDF files for your page & tried that but it still didn't work.
    Even though I was doing scan on 6.887 in the powerscan menu I couldn't watch the channelsthat were being picked up.
    I had to go into the config menu & factory defaults and also change the default value that was been added there. Changed it to 6.887 & all worked fine.

Now all I need to do is fix the time problem on my EV & I'll be sorted...Cheers.

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

I presume you are in Ireland? If so, its a problem specific to the Irish EPG stream, you need to follow these instructions:

1. Pull plug on the back of the EV for a few seconds then plug back in again..
    2. When EV powers up, immediately press menu, configuration and time settings.
    3. Set correct time using GMT settings.
    4. Then turn GMT OFF.
    5. Press blue button to save and exit.

It may take more than one attempt so just be patient, it does work. One thing to note though when you have the EPG correct, is to just put it in standby at night, if you unplug it you will have to go through the whole process again.

9. JaneyMack

JaneyMack Regular member

Yeah thanks for that sc0user - I'll give that a shot. I've been doing it through the menu at the moment which is ok - but when you fix the time the programmes are sometimes still an hour ahead so you never get a real view of what's on with out hitting the EPG button...... I'll give your advice a shot.

Ahhhhh the sacrifice of free cable.

10. Dell08

Dell08 Member

I have updated my box but some of the channels, mainly the music ones dont work anymore. When i go onto the channel now its just blank and it says there is no signal.

Can someone tell me how to fix this please?

Thanks in advance

11. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

menu installation press red and update box

12. Dell08

Dell08 Member

I have tried that on numerous occassions but it isnt working. has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

13. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

just do a rescan on your box and you will be sorted

14. Dell08

Dell08 Member

Ive updated the channels but it doesnt work

15. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

what did you do to update them you need to get rid of the other ones first then do another scan

16. Dell08

Dell08 Member

oh ok sorry i didnt know that, all ive been doing is going in a hitting the red button to update the channels.

is there something else i should be doing?

17. GurlUser

GurlUser Member

Yay! had to scan it three times before it worked! Thanks for the instructions!

18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

yes sometimes this happens if you dont clear the other ones first

19. AcidBaron

AcidBaron Member

Hi All, I recently moved into a new house and found there was a cable point, so i got myself a Eurovox Max V updated the firmware with 18.04.08 and everything worked as expected. Now i needed a phone and b/band for the new house so took a 28 day trial with VMedia. This included the full TV package. I disconnected the Eurovox before the service came on and let my neighbour use the eurovox for a few weeks (it worked fine in their house also). The 28 day trial is now up and I have cancelled all 3 services. Now when I try using the eurovox I am getting nothing. I have tried using 18.04.08 and 28.04.08 firmware but neither seem to work. The signal strength is either 8% (18.04.08) or fluctuating no higher than 23% (28.04.08). It doesn't seem to find any transponders and just seems to come up with "no channels available".

Does anyone know a way to fix this??

The TV aerial is hanging off the roof so I can't even pick up basic TV to watch. This suits me fine as I can play my xbox 360 but her indoors is doing my head in not being able to watch her crappy soaps!! Please somebody save me from the nagging!! lol

I live in north leicestershire with VM the provider.

Thanks in advance.

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

You have canceled your services so you have no longer got a live cable feed to your house you need to pay for the basic tv package in order to use the box

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.