1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to: Update Eurovox Max V with Kuro 18.04.08 (R.I.P 28/11/2008)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SG8, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marco1dg

marco1dg Member

hey guys , struggling to flash my max v . got a usb covertor cble to attach to the cable i got with max v and is still saying '' waiting on reciever , really struggling , please help !

2. johno2008

johno2008 Member

Power off box until you receive meeage '' waiting on reciever '' then power up box, you should see upload straight away.

3. sjcon23

sjcon23 Member

hi i am trying to upload the Arsenal tv channel for N*l dublin. Do i need to manually put in a frequency in order to get this channel? If so coud u please advise me how
    thanks

4. karljd

karljd Regular member

Its not available in Ireland at the moment

5. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Hi again, got a call from a pal regards the box, well the remote in fact, said that it is not working anymore, remote is only 4 months old.
    Well a few months back mine went and it was only 4 months old at the time, i somehow seemed to activate it again, by pressing a few of the buttons, if i can remember it may have been the coloured buttons, but not sure, anyway remote has been working since, is there a way to reset remote controls??

6. manny_v

manny_v Member

Guys,

Have a Eurovox Max V only a few months old and all of the sudden the remote does not. Assuming it is a remote, purchased a replacement and same problem.

Does this mean an infrared receiver fault on the Eurovox?
    Is there a hidden function to reset?
    Would re-installing the UFL help?

Access from the front of the box only allows moving channels up and down the current bouquet and does not let you change the bouquet.

Any help advice will be much appreciated

Thanks

7. NRG1

NRG1 Member

I have been entering new codes manualy to my eurovox box for a while and it has been working fine until this week, when the new codes do nothing.
    If I download the firmware will this solve my problem, or should I wait for a new code and try entering it manualy again?

8. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

I can only presume providing your feed is fine that that you entered them wrong or your source for the codes are is incorrect, Check your emmulation is enabled other that that put the firmware on your box and see what happends. Nothing to loose.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  9. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Regarding Remote control problems,

To check whether your remote is working point your remote into a digit@l camera lens or mobile ph0ne and press one of the buttons, through the screen on the cam/mob if the remote is working the led will flash repeatedly like this,

[​IMG]

10. NRG1

NRG1 Member

Thanks HiTech
    It has happened to a number of boxes here in the south west, checked and re checked codes, can you enter the codes manually too many times?
    Just waiting for a cable to be delivered & will try to flash the box.
    Sorry what do you mean by the emmulation being enabled?

11. karljd

karljd Regular member

menu-preferences-language settings press ok-then press 1968 0n your remote and see if the emulation is set to enable,

12. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

I got the firmware on but only get 12 transponders max, sometimes 11, sometimes only 5 (dublin N*L). Is this a signal issue? signal seems normal on my nokia, I know what the freq should be so is there a way to enter it, I cannot seem to manually scan. I can see a page with all the freq added and hoped I could just enter it there. Also there is another menu on TV setup with signal booster, I changed this but still had no luck.

I am going to put the channel dump on but this box is for somebody without PC knowledge so I want it easy to scan in future if possible.

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sounds like a signal problem, dont forget all boxes use different tuners and drivers. Try the CDF and see how you fair out, what model of EV is it and what firmware revision are you using?

14. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

I will put the CDF on tonight. Not sure what model it is. There was a guide showing 3 types and it looked identical to the first, but my box has a short tuner, while this pic had a long tuner,

I read the clones have long tuners so presumed mine is genuine.

I put on the Kuro 18.04.08 linked in the very first post on this thread.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  15. anto7

anto7 Member

Hi, I have a Eurovox Max V 2008 black box genuine, I am in the Newbridge area & i have 85 channels, I have seen people mention 160+ channels, do you know if it is possible for me to get this many?
    I would like Mutv etc.

Thanks for reading,

16. DesB

DesB Regular member

As far as I know your on chors and thats as much as you,ll get down there!

17. leanne79

leanne79 Member

hi guys,

got the box working fine & seem to be finding new channels all the time however i have lost the channels on 323.000 freq... which is setanta sports 1 and a few others tht don't realy bother me not to have.... need setanta sports 1 restored for the start of the season... tried to manually scan for the lost channels but it doesnt work... when i'm on the channel & i push the info button it says i have a 70% signal yet i get the no signal message... any ideas??

18. Elvis64

Elvis64 Member

Hi all.
    Still having problems with my Eurovox Max V.
    I got my mate to reinstall the latest update, in case I was doing it incorrectly & it worked fine on his TV, Lucan/Dublin area, all stations appearing. But when I connect it to my TV, Leixlip,Co Kildare area, which has the Replay Lite working fine on it, it comes up No Signal on all stations. Can't understand it. Any ideas much appreciated.

19. karljd

karljd Regular member

what provider have you n@l or ch@rus?maybe your mate has different frequencies and a different symbol rate to you.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  20. karljd

karljd Regular member

have you tryed it with the signal booster on?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.