1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to: Update Eurovox Max V with Kuro 18.04.08 (R.I.P 28/11/2008)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SG8, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Hi, a pal rung me and said he put on the JJB Channel and there was a message on there, saying something like ''please be aware the setbox you are using is unauthorised.....'' anyone else have this on there's? a bit scary!

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

You know what to do with that channel don't ya delete it out of your channel list just scare tactics that is all and yes it is on all of the boxes so don't worry

3. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Amended in following thread.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  4. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

5. SG8

SG8 Active member

6. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Thanks for reply back, well checked all the connections earlier today, box like i said is working ok at the mo, if it happens again i will swap them over to see what happens.
    As stated it has happened a couple or three times already in the last couple of weeks, will see what happens in the next few days or so. cheers.

7. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Sounds like connection problems, have you switched the boxes around and see if the same thing happens?[/quote]

Yes have done that now, and the same box is still playing up. What i have noticed i have to do is leave the Crime Investigation Channel on (this is one that is happening a lot, most of the others are ok, one or two others are though doing the same) and just pull out plug out of the wall socket while it is on, leave for a few seconds and plug back in, then it works 'ok' until what is happening now on a daily basis. Have tried to turn box off by remote, then pull plug out, then put it back in, turn on etc as per normal, but it does not work, and comes up 'no signal' so any more advice anyone?

8. SG8

SG8 Active member

Probably too technical for me I am afraid! Scouser or someone else might be able to suggest a remedy though!

9. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Thanks all the same SG8, got a feeling may be faulty now, box is only just a year old or less!

10. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Lisboa67 are both boxes the same edition of EV?

If you have say a blue and a red I would bet the blue picks the signal up better.......

11. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Yes both boxes are the same. As before had them both near a year now, and both working fine up until last couple of weeks when One of them is playing up as described.

12. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Are they both max Vs? if yes check to see if one has the internal signal booster on and the other one turned off.

13. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

14. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  15. leopard16

leopard16 Member

Hi,
    I have 2 Euro boxes in house with latest software downloaded in April (havent heard of anything new since then ?)
    Today, box was blipping out alot, saying "no signal" etc. I switched them off from power & via plug but no luck.now everything seems to have gone as no programs listed on epg & time completely out ? Has anyone else had same issues ? I spoke to a friend who says his workinh fine ? Help ??

16. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

HiTeck, Thanks for superb advice again, think problem solved, well has not played up on me since i took your advice last week, cheers!

News out that Virgin & Setanta have reached an agreement, so looks like we will be getting Sky One & Sky Sports News Channels? Any info how to tune these in, as last time i ''updated channels'' it done them all and I had to sit there for 2 hours plus to sort them out in the order i wanted, any info on how i can just ADD NEW CHANNELS?

17. karljd

karljd Regular member

if you mean you want to manually scan, on say one frequency,go to menu insatllation-user installation-channel edit(green button)frequency(whatever)symbol rate(?)press ok exit once, and press ok on the frequency you've just added,then press manual scan,the channels willl come in at the end of your channel list.

18. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

quote]if you mean you want to manually scan, on say one frequency,go to menu insatllation-user installation-channel edit(green button)frequency(whatever)symbol rate(?)press ok exit once, and press ok on the frequency you've just added,then press manual scan,the channels willl come in at the end of your channel list.[/quote]

Karljd,
    Got a little lost there, have got as far as the Green Channel edit button, Four Lines come up with Ch No, Frequency, Symbol Rate, Modulator and then 2 more lines underneath Level & Quality, and then the option of Add (Red) Modify (Blue) Delete (Green) buttons at the bottom? What now??

19. karljd

karljd Regular member

Karljd,
    Got a little lost there, have got as far as the Green Channel edit button, Four Lines come up with Ch No, Frequency, Symbol Rate, Modulator and then 2 more lines underneath Level & Quality, and then the option of Add (Red) Modify (Blue) Delete (Green) buttons at the bottom? What now??[/quote]sorry my fault left a bit out,press the red button (add) skip the first line(ch num)type in the freq you want then whatever symbolrate your on,then press ok,then exit once etc

20. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

sorry my fault left a bit out,press the red button (add) skip the first line(ch num)type in the freq you want then whatever symbolrate your on,then press ok,then exit once etc[/quote]

Getting in a right pickle now, have put in a frequency of 250.00 have left symbol rate as all the others, have now a list of User Installation have a list up to Channel 34 Then the one i tried to enter, has No channel number, the frequency i put is as i said 250.00 but surely i am searching for a frequency? Have exited out and have nothing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.