1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to upload ringtones

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by RippedUp, Jan 19, 2005.

1. RippedUp

RippedUp Member

How do I upload ringtones with PhoneTools 2.16? And also, do I need to convert them to a specific file format before doing say? Thanks in advance.

2. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

See if you can Live Update your version to 3.1x or whatever the latest is now. I think it's easier to do in the newer version. Oh, and if you're on dial-up, it can take a while to upgrade and it may take you several Live Updates to do it. Mine did the Live Update automatically. If you're on dial-up, connect to the internet first and then run phone tools. It may need to see a live internet connection first.

3. nvkid909

nvkid909 Member

does anyone know what this error message means:

"request denied by phone, internal server error 0x50"

on the rare times my MPT connects to my v600 (bluetooth), i always get this when trying to transfer tones or pics to it (though i can do it with xtnd connect blue).. cheers

4. RippedUp

RippedUp Member

I updated to 3.11, I can now control my phone and upload sounds and images. But now, When I upload my audio clips and go to play them on my phone it says "File is currupt, Would you like to delete?"

I am uploading them as MP3 and it recognizes them, but it just tells me it is currupt everytime.

Is there a converter or something I need?

5. Cecim

Cecim Member

In order to save files in mP3 format you must have an mP3 encoding capable codec installed on your system. (WinXP by default will have this other operating system will require addition files)

6. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

unless you have a phone with a ton of memory you should only be uploading MP3 clips that are about 10-15 seconds long for your ringtones. I usually go for 15 second clips and I make them with the Mobile Phone Tools application - Melody Studio which is part of the Multimedia Studio. After I choose the portion of the song I want, I select Save Selection As and give it a name and tell it what directory to put the new clip in. It automatically converts to a 56Kbps MP3. Then I use the Mobile explorer to transfer the MP3(s). Don't use the Melody Studio to do it. It doesn't work right. Go to the Mobile Explorer screen and select the file to copy over. Works great for me. I use MPT v3.19e1.