1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to use .sub .idx files

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by demens, Nov 18, 2004.

1. demens

demens Member

i know there is a thread with the exact same title, but it solves nothing for me. i have an .avi file, came with an .idx file and a .rar file that had a .sub file.

i usually use BSplayer but when i try to load the .sub file nothing happens. then i started doing research and found a prog called vosub or something. i don't know why the hell they made something as simple as txt files into something as complicated as this. anyway, the instruction said it should lod the .sub automatically. this vosub does nothing for me either.

i have XP pro, normal .srt subs work for me. i clicked on Direct vosub config, and selected always load option. i don't get any green arrows when playing the file in BSplayer. i do get one when playing it in the new WM player, but right clicking on it brings up some codecs info and options, not Load SUbs, or choose language.

HELP ME, THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. demens

demens Member

oh and all the files are named the same and all in the same folder. basically i did everything i found in any type of FAQ or anything remotly close to it and it just doesn't work, i doubt the .sub file is currupted thou, i just think the prog is a worthless piece....

3. demens

demens Member

phheww, i think i got it working with the most idiotic solution ever. renaming the 3 files again to a shorter name.