1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to use these files ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Netman, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Netman

Netman Member

I have a the following four files as 'disk 1' of a program.

.CCD
    .Img
    .Sub
    .cue

The total size of these is 777.85 MB, .Img is the largest file, I thought it is a CD image file but I cannot open it with UltraIso.

I understand that .cue files are associated with .bin files and .ccd is supposed to be clone cd image, but what is .sub? and why the cue file exists with .img file instead of .bin file?

I feel it may be Dvd image, instead of a CD image, but what should I do with it, This program has three more disks of just about the same size each (777MB).

Does each set of these files burn to a CD or Dvd, or all four sets will burn to one Dvd and which program is needed to burn.

Can someone kindly give me some guidence. I have Nero Ultra and a supported Dvd burner.

Thanks, in advance.

Matt

2. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

It doesn't make much sense that those four files are together, but the best thing to do, is open them and see what exactly they are.

you can mount the .img and .ccd files with a drive emulator. (daemon tools should do the job).

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/daemon_tools.cfm

You can see what the .cue file says by opening it with notepad. a .cue file is just a text file that tells your software where and how to open your bin file, which you don't have.

the .sub file is normallly a subtitles file, which can be opened with a subtitles program like vobsub:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/subtitle_tools/vobsub.cfm

Although i have no idea why its with few program image files, but mounting those image files first will give you an idea of what you really have.

Cheers

3. Netman

Netman Member

Thanks for your reply.

The cue file points to the .img file, so I was able to burn the .img to CD.

I still have not been able to figure out as to what to do with .Sub file, I will examine it but regardless of what it contains, because it is outside of the .img file, it is not going to be burnt to CD, so what role is it supposed to play as a stand alone file?

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Matt