1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to View part downloaded movie files

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by rowdster, Dec 10, 2007.

1. rowdster

rowdster Member

I have been downloading movies from Bearshare with mixed success, would anyone know how to view a part downloaded file which would save downloading incorrect movie titles and dodgy files

2. onya

onya Guest

To be perfectly honest, you are at the mercy of who packed and upped the files. Wouldn't life be easier without those malicious individuals out there, who delite in creating havoc. As for viewing or running part downloads, it's my belief that this is impossible. Let me explain further.... Let's say for arguments sake that there are 20 files in that download, all of these files are downloading as individuals and so are not entirely complete until the full download is completed....see below.

[​IMG]

.... did this make sense or help in any way?

3. IllEfect

IllEfect Member

Let's say there is 8 .rar files to a movie.Download just the first.Right click and extract file.(select keep broken files)This way you can view the quality of the film without having to download all parts.

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

you can't do it with files that are rar'd but you can do it if it is a mpeg file, in the program kassa or any file sharing program ther is a program called dat viewer, that was the way i was able to view movie files when i was using the earler filesharing programs, but as far a rared files there is now way to view the movie, because you would never know what file to open, also get rid of bearshare and go with torrents that way you would know you are geting what you are wanting, as long as you get with a good site, good luck

5. onya

onya Guest

That's the problem, the files being downloaded aren't in sequence. The files are distrubuted in a random order that's why I posted you that pic, it was an indicator of sorts, to show you what I meant.

Good advice to my way of thinking.... :)

If you decide to go with the torrent thing, visit the download tab at the top of the AfterDawn page and get PEER GUARDIAN 2 (it's a freebie). It'll be under P2P, so run and update it BEFORE you do the torrent stuff ok?....it's not a guarantee that you'll remain anonymous.....but it's a helping hand.

6. IllEfect

IllEfect Member

If the files are rar'ed, you CAN view the a sample of the film if you do as i posted.Instead of using torrents,why not just join a forum and download whatever you are after?

7. rowdster

rowdster Member

Thank you all very much for the advice, i might try it has been most helpful