1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how two make a restore cd 4 a pc

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by pinpunch, Sep 14, 2007.

1. pinpunch

pinpunch Member

hi, can any one tell me how you make a restore cd for a lap top,i am going to buy a laptop for uni but all the shops say you dont get r/store cd,s with pc,s now and you have to make your own.is this true,and if you make your own is it better to do it when the l/top is new with no software loaded

2. jony218

jony218 Guest

you need a program like true image 10. With the program you make an image backup of your c: partition. With true image it lets you make an emergency boot cd/dvd. I usually take that ISO file (of the emergency boot cd/dvd) and open it up with a program named ultraISO and add the image backup of my c: partition that I just made, than I save it. Now I have a DVD that will boot up the computer and have the needed backup image on the same dvd.
    It is probably best to do an image backup, right away before adding too many programs, that way you can get it to fit in one DVD.
    One last thing only use very good quality blank dvd media(verbatim 16X+)
    that way you know it'll work when you need it.

It sounds complicated, but I do it all the time. On laptops it might be a little harder but it can be done.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=184399&highlight=recovery+dvd+image

3. pinpunch

pinpunch Member

hi jony thanks for the info but it souds a bit beyond me,the good news is the lap top i bought has a section to burn backup cd's and to restore to factory defaults so i burnt 2 discs today but they were just cheap dvd-r's so hope there ok.once again thanks 4 the help

4. wazzat

wazzat Member

Yow! At $50 Tru Image 11 is salty.